Confirmed with Link: Danny Briere named assistant TO the regional manager

Ironmanrulez

#nEvErrEbUiLd #nEvErpLaYyOuTh #nEverpLaYsKiLL
Jul 1, 2010
Cologne, Germany
Similar to what they initially tried with Hextall.
There may be a growing sense that hockey business is moving in a different direction, but they still won't allow for an unbiased outside expert to be brought in.
In comes a former player who will have to do the limbo and ultimately fail to modernize while keeping the old guard happy, all at the same time.
for me this is the best case scenario! Lets hope you are right!

Crescent Street

Saturday Nite Hockey
Sep 19, 2004
Long Island
Why are we penciling Briere in for any type of decision making capabilities? He's not an advisor, an assistant GM, or anything. Ya boi is a secretary
Pretty sure those of us who aren't jumping off a cliff are talking in future tenses where hopefully he takes over as GM. Obviously, his impact early on will be slim to none.

Reactions: Curufinwe

Ironmanrulez

#nEvErrEbUiLd #nEvErpLaYyOuTh #nEverpLaYsKiLL
Jul 1, 2010
Cologne, Germany
Have heard the interview with myrtetus in the podcast. I need to say that he is still f***ing likeable and i have still a lot of symphaty for him. I want him to succeed and i would bet on him if he would be the Manager for a rebuild. But till now he describe his job a bit as the Pro scout and a bit of communicator with other nhl Managers. So he is more assistant. And in this situation he cant change much.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
That sounds like something deadhead would say....

Chuck didn't really want Risto; Homer and Clarke forced him to trade Ghost, a 1st and two 2nds! :laugh:

It's been explained to you many times that we have people who think and value like Fletcher because guys like Clarke favor those mindsets.

So without removing those guys, they're just going to keep hiring people who think like them.

captainpaxil

Dec 2, 2008
Just speculation but he was running a Comcast franchise. This could be Scott making the move and not Fletcher. Could be the basis for some drama if there are disagreements

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad