Confirmed with Link: Danny Briere named assistant TO the regional manager

TH1Pool

Apr 22, 2006
Lancaster, PA
Oh look.... another former player handed a job they aren't qualified for.

Just my humble opinion, but "how well someone can GM" should be the primary consideration when hiring a GM.

Good point. I guess we’ve fallen so far that at this point, I feel like nothing can be worse…and at least he’s someone I don’t dislike. Maybe I should set my standards higher. I’m just all outta hope.

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

IronMarshal

Mar 7, 2002
Langhorne, PA
Visit site
The fact that Hextall has seemingly been the only one to be fired & let go by the organization in the 20+ years speaks volume to the current state of the franchise. This organization values ball washing more than it does actually competency at the job.
When you are with a team that perennially doesn’t make the playoffs, this is an important skill set. The golfing season is longer for non playoff clubs.

Amorgus

Sep 22, 2017
Rochester NY
This is all I can think of with this announcement.

3upB.gif

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
When you are with a team that perennially doesn’t make the playoffs, this is an important skill set. The golfing season is longer for non playoff clubs.

Are you thinking of his previous team Buffalo? This will be the first time the Flyers missed the playoffs twice in a row since 1994.

per·en·ni·al·ly
/pəˈrenyəlē/
Learn to pronounce
adverb
  1. 1.
    in a way that continues for a long or apparently infinite time; permanently.
    "a new blow to the perennially struggling economy"
  2. 2.
    on a yearly basis for several years.
    "a lily that grows perennially from bulbs"

BiggE

SELL THE DAMN TEAM
Jan 4, 2019
Somewhere, FL
And thus it came to be that the great Keith Allen begat Robert Clarke, and the, not nearly as great as Allen, Clarke begat the thoroughly shitgarbage Cuck Fletcher and then the shitgarbage Cuck Fletcher begat the much too cute Daniel Briere.

And the pain and suffering blanketed the WF center and all that the people heard was the counting of money and the grim laughter of the evil one, Dave Scott.

BiggE

SELL THE DAMN TEAM
Jan 4, 2019
Somewhere, FL
The fact that Hextall has seemingly been the only one to be fired & let go by the organization in the 20+ years speaks volume to the current state of the franchise. This organization values ball washing more than it does actually competency at the job.
Welp, no one washes more useless nuts than JJ and Jonesy, so the math checks out

Crescent Street

Saturday Nite Hockey
Sep 19, 2004
Long Island
I think some of us called this happening a little while ago. If Danny B has found a way to channel his on ice heroics into GMing a professional hockey club in the near future, then that at least would bring a modicum of hope. Reading through some comments and I think the immediate write-off is overtly pessimistic, although understandable why one would feel this way given the state of the team.

Reactions: Curufinwe

BiggE

SELL THE DAMN TEAM
Jan 4, 2019
Somewhere, FL
I think some of us called this happening a little while ago. If Danny B has found a way to channel his on ice heroics into GMing a professional hockey club in the near future, then that at least would bring a modicum of hope. Reading through some comments and I think the immediate write-off is overtly pessimistic, although understandable why one would feel this way given the state of the team.
Folks would probably feel different if Briere wasn’t reporting to Cuck. The same jackasses, Cuckles and Davyboy Scott, are still running the shitshow

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014

Not many are writing off Briere, but adding Briere doesn't make a difference with Chuckles and the Geriatrics still calling the shots.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
I'm honestly not that concerned about Briere as a potential new GM when Chuck is ousted. There's good GMs and bad GMs for sure, but the good ones have to come from somewhere. For a while the concern was that older GMs that were good are good no longer because the NHL has changed. AZ tried something by hiring a pretty much non-hockey guy who was analytically inclined. Other places have gone with former players, etc. Will be Briere be good? Who knows? But honestly hiring a GM is a crapshoot. We all thought Hextall was great until he wasn't. We all hated Homer and it turned out he was the greatest GM possibly in the history of the NHL. You just never know.

Reactions: gertbfrobe16

Domino666

“20 years away”
Aug 18, 2011
When Danny B is the GM hopefully he has Sakic’s number and talks to him a lot, at the least a trade for G

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad