Confirmed with Link: Danny Briere named assistant TO the regional manager

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
They can't even spell his name right.

Edit: Also, he's not just the Assistant to the Regional Manager he's the SPECIAL Assistant.

0jmW4P.gif

Last edited:

TH1Pool

Apr 22, 2006
Lancaster, PA
It’s probably not this - but I really hope this is a move that eventually leads to Danny as our GM following a house cleaning at the top.

I don’t know a thing about how well Danny can GM, but I’ve heard enough about his character and seen the way he represented the Flyers on the ice, to feel like I’d want him to have a shot in changing our current direction.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Thus begins the demolition of his legacy as a Flyer.
Thus begins the legend of Daniel Briere the world's greatest GM who will amass a list of accolades like no other that has come before him. GM of the year. Stanley Cups. Harts Trophies. Spelling Bees. America's Next Top Model. ALL HE DOES IS WIN IN THE POSTSEASON

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Seems like a prerequisite to Briere being named full-time GM with that free-loading piece of shit Fletcher maintaining his President title and having a "collaborative" relationship with Briere. This way when the day comes, Briere's credentials won't be as questioned since he has "experience" managing with the Flyers.

This sort of happened with Sakic. He was named GM in 2014 but the season prior he was given final say on the teams personnel decisions even though his title was VP of Hockey Ops.

Sakic named Avs' GM in front office shakeup - Sportsnet.ca

Until Chuckles is fired, I have no faith whatsoever in this teams direction.

FlyerNutter

In the forest, a man learns what it means to live
Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
I don’t know about you Chuck, but I have no idea why the fanbase still isn’t happy.

I told them we will spend more money, as much money as you could ever believe. I told them we would be aggressive, aggressive like lions.

We’ve found roles for fan favourites Lapperiere, and now Danny B. Not just an assistant but a special one!

What more do these people want.

dragonoffrost

It'll be a cold day...
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2019
Hell
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh the NHL old boys clubs are out today.

Add to it that his ECHL team is trailing the Flyers ECHL Affiliate by 7 points and Reading has 2 games in hand... LOL

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad