Prospect Info: Danila Yurov RW/C, 24th Overall, 2022 NHL Draft

Wabit

May 23, 2016
I'm still wrestling with the non wet water idea, and am in no way able to consider a debate on the relative values of Yurov/Faber.

1708990844590.png

(It's funnier if you know the origin of the name)

• Haha
Reactions: Leaf Rocket

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
I'm still wrestling with the non wet water idea, and am in no way able to consider a debate on the relative values of Yurov/Faber.
It’s not even a debate on the players. They were/are both NHL ready. I just think playing well in the KHL is a better indicator than playing well in the Big Ten in terms of “NHL readiness.” Not exactly a bulletproof way of looking at things, but we will never know until the player gets a crack at it.

In terms of the players… I think we are sitting on a 1C and 1D, so who really cares anyways? :laugh:

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
I’m not crazy about the idea of bringing him over this year. I would just let him truly dominate the KHL first. he’s only 20.

EbonyRaptor

Jul 10, 2009
Geezerville
I’m not crazy about the idea of bringing him over this year. I would just let him truly dominate the KHL first. he’s only 20.

I watched all 4 Gagarin Cup Finals game and a bunch more playoff games (cuz I was watching a Hawks prospect) and I was impressed with Yurov. I can't say he played "big minutes" because the coach consistently rolled 4 lines so TOI was probably pretty well spread out but Yurov played well when he was out there. He played 2C and he and his linemates were the 2nd highest scoring line on the team through the playoffs. Is he ready to play NHL? You never know till the player shows you but my money would be on "yes".

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad