Confirmed with Link: Danielson signs 3 year ELC

DTR

Dec 13, 2021
What do you mean?

By signing a rookie who is 18 at the time the contract is executed, we can slide his ELC terms two times as long as he doesn’t play in ten NHL games in either season. This season Danielson can only play in the WHL or NHL. He could play nine games for us and then get sent back to the WHL.

The only thing I’m not sure about is if the second slide applies here because Danielson will have played four CHL seasons once this year ends, so next season he can play in the AHL. I don’t know if the second slide is applicable if a player is playing in the AHL but I assume it’s the case.

TheOctopusKid

Sep 24, 2010
So for clarification here:

The benefit of signing him now is it gives us the option to play him in the NHL for under 10 games and not lose a year of his ELC, the "downside" is that he is being paid by DET at this point.

VS

Not signing him, he would be unable to play anywhere outside of the WHL for this season BUT we wouldn't have to pay him

Yes?

DTR

Dec 13, 2021

The benefit of signing him now is it gives us the option to play him in the NHL for under 10 games and not lose a year of his ELC, the "downside" is that he is being paid by DET at this point.

VS

Not signing him, he would be unable to play anywhere outside of the WHL for this season BUT we wouldn't have to pay him

Yes?

I’d say replace money with just having him as one of our 50 contracts and you are spot on.

Reactions: TheOctopusKid

kliq

Dec 17, 2017
Hypothetically, can you loose a 1st round pick if they don't sign for 3 years? Like what's about to happen to us with Robert Mastrosimone? If so, I'm glad they locked him up.

SantosHalper

Get off my lawn
Mar 21, 2012
somewhere around nothing
Hypothetically, can you loose a 1st round pick if they don't sign for 3 years? Like what's about to happen to us with Robert Mastrosimone? If so, I'm glad they locked him up.
CHL players has to be signed within 2 years after he was drafted, or the team loses the rights.

Europeans and college players within 4 years.

Danielson turns 20 in September 2024, he is good to go in AHL after upcoming season.

kliq

Dec 17, 2017
CHL players has to be signed within 2 years after he was drafted, or the team loses the rights.

Europeans and college players within 4 years.
That I know, my question was more so about if it changed by the round they were drafted. I believe Russian players right go on forever as well.

Steve Yzerlland

Jul 18, 2018

VS

Yes?
I don't care if Chris (cheapskate-a-shadow-of-his-father) Illitch has to pay him lol.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010

As far as I know that is only a loophole for players going the college route.

Reactions: kliq

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, OK Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Depends on a few factors such as where they played, age, and route they take. Danielson had one of the earliest sign-by dates of anyone in the draft, but we still had until 2025 iirc.

Edit: here is where you would see the dates on capfriendly:

SantosHalper

Get off my lawn
Mar 21, 2012
somewhere around nothing
That I know, my question was more so about if it changed by the round they were drafted. I believe Russian players right go on forever as well.
Russian's and Swiss, i believe.

Draft round doesn't matter and ELC is 3-years unless player is X-years old, like in Hirose's case it was a 2-year. Too many rules to remember them all.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Danielson is older and bigger guy , hope he's playing on higher level than whl.

Barry Amsterdam

Nättias Dänielstrom
Apr 2, 2013
WHL this year and then top 6 in Grand Rapids next year would be my guess. I think that’s a good plan for him. Hopefully he gets traded to one of the better WHL teams for a deep playoff run.
i’m hoping he goes to the Ice and takes Savoies place and plays with benson

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
Please not with Benson, it will be heartbreaking experience to watch and compare them
Not to mention it may inflate his stats more and give us false hope.

I think his offensive ability is there but I hate getting my hopes up for prospects now. It is just a recipe for full-on unhappiness.

Reactions: lilidk

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad