Signing(s): Daniel Murphy next contract

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
Davis is a great power hitter but that will only lady so long. He's not a bad defender but he's not going yo hit for average. Get him in the wrong park and those numbers decrease. He has great short term value but once the long ball goes he's not worth keeping around. A rare time where its good Angelos never opens up his paycheck. Granted he did once for Jones and I still don't love the move. He's done nothing in the playoffs and is a free swinger. He will never bunt or sacrifice himself with a ground ball. He's just not a team player.

Fish on The Sand

Untouchable
Feb 28, 2002
Canada
Davis is a great power hitter but that will only lady so long. He's not a bad defender but he's not going yo hit for average. Get him in the wrong park and those numbers decrease. He has great short term value but once the long ball goes he's not worth keeping around. A rare time where its good Angelos never opens up his paycheck. Granted he did once for Jones and I still don't love the move. He's done nothing in the playoffs and is a free swinger. He will never bunt or sacrifice himself with a ground ball. He's just not a team player.

Bunting is not a wise play in the vast majority of circumstances. The value of losing an out to the defence far exceeds the value of advancing the runner one base.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
Playoff games are generally low scoring. Every base you get is helpful. The royals won playing some small ball. I mean hell they tied game 5 stealing a run with bases. Almost no other team tries that.

Fish on The Sand

Untouchable
Feb 28, 2002
Canada
Playoff games are generally low scoring. Every base you get is helpful. The royals won playing some small ball. I mean hell they tied game 5 stealing a run with bases. Almost no other team tries that.

Bunting a runner over is not the same as stealing a base. Giving away outs is just plain dumb.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
Bunting a runner over is not the same as stealing a base. Giving away outs is just plain dumb.

It wasn't a steal...the guy scored from 3rd on a groundout to 3rd after the ball was in the first basements glove. I have nothing against giving up outs. Especially if you can get runners into scoring position. 2nd and 3rd with 1 out is better than a DP and a guy being on 3rd with 2 out for example.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad