Signing(s): Daniel Murphy next contract

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
I think the Yankees will probably look into him. They need a replacement for Drew and Refsnyder isn't really a future starter IMO.

Brunomics

Sep 2, 2006
I'd like him to be back with the Mets but you just know some moron is going to offer him 18 million per season or some absurd number like that.

Burner Account

Feb 14, 2008
Priorities IMO:
1. Cespedes
2. Murphy

Not sure if this run of play from Murphy is at all sustainable.

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004
Priorities IMO:
1. Cespedes
2. Murphy

Not sure if this run of play from Murphy is at all sustainable.

Wrong. Murphy is the girlfriend you no longer want, but you don't break up with her because your birthday is coming up and you are thinking she will come through with a great gift. Whether she does or not, she is out 2 weeks later.

Priority is getting deGrom and Harvey signed to long-term deals for fair money so they don't look to bolt the minute they can. Sign them long and buy a few of their FA years.

Burner Account

Feb 14, 2008
Wrong. Murphy is the girlfriend you no longer want, but you don't break up with her because your birthday is coming up and you are thinking she will come through with a great gift. Whether she does or not, she is out 2 weeks later.

Priority is getting deGrom and Harvey signed to long-term deals for fair money so they don't look to bolt the minute they can. Sign them long and buy a few of their FA years.

How is Murphy a priority over Cespedes?

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Is Joe Flacco a fair comparison? He literally could not have had this hot streak at a better time in his career. If he does this in July, nobody bats an eye. He'll get paid more than he deserves, but I don't think anyone will back up the truck for him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad