Signing(s): Daniel Murphy next contract

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
We aren't going to sign Murphy, he's a similar player to Giavotella, but a better hitter. I think we want to just keep Johnny

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
prob gonna be a yankee

Not gonna happen. Cashman and the Yankees have adopted a much different and smarter philosphy now, they are trying to get and stay younger, they are not gonna throw a contract like that at a guy on the wrong side of 30 who is mostly just a DH when they have a good platoon at 2B going into next year. Murphy is the sort of guy who gets signed by a team that makes bad signings. You won't see him signed by St. Louis, San Francisco, the Yankees, or Cardinals.

Riddick

Feb 29, 2004
Not gonna happen. Cashman and the Yankees have adopted a much different and smarter philosphy now, they are trying to get and stay younger, they are not gonna throw a contract like that at a guy on the wrong side of 30 who is mostly just a DH when they have a good platoon at 2B going into next year. Murphy is the sort of guy who gets signed by a team that makes bad signings. You won't see him signed by St. Louis, San Francisco, the Yankees, or Cardinals.

????

JS19

Legends Never Die
Aug 14, 2009
The Shark Tank
Murphy is a good dude but I don't want him back. let him go to the AL where his shoddy defense can be hidden by making him a DH

I wonder if he can even make a good DH for an AL team. The playoff sample screams fluke to me, and his numbers don't exactly scream DH.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Murphy is a good dude but I don't want him back. let him go to the AL where his shoddy defense can be hidden by making him a DH

I feel bad for the team that DH's him. His bat isn't good enough.

Then again I feel bad for a team he plays D for.

Brunomics

Sep 2, 2006
Don't let the door hit your ass on the way out Murph.

Same goes for you Cespedes(and here's hoping Duda and Collins follow).

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005

There are now rumblings Collins is going to resign today...crazy if its true.

JS19

Legends Never Die
Aug 14, 2009
The Shark Tank

Do Mets fans really hate Cespedes? Also, how do you guys rebuild the batting order without them (Duda and Murphy should be fairly obvious since they were poor)?

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
Do Mets fans really hate Cespedes? Also, how do you guys rebuild the batting order without them (Duda and Murphy should be fairly obvious since they were poor)?

It needs works no doubt. Let's assume that Cespedes, Murphy, Duda are out.

1- RF - Granderson (35 y/o)
2- 3B - Wright (33 y/o and always injured)
3- ???
4- ???
5- ???
6- C - Travis D'arneau (probably moves up into the 4 or 5 spot)
7- SS - Tejada (sub .700 OPS)
8- 2B - Flores (probably doesn't stick here every day but there is no better option)
9- P - Auto out

That's a train wreck with a ton of holes. You have DeGrom, Syn, Matz, as a really good 1-2-3. You trade Harvey, you trade Wheeler, and then you have to fill the holes with other signings.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad