WWE: Daniel Bryan CLEARED TO RETURN

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
The WWE being all about 'moments' really is one off it's biggest problems.

Anyway, single pop really don't make any different at all in the long run, but getting people to watch TV, pop a rating in a big TV contract year when they are actively negotiating with Fox to get a prime time TV slot on a bigger channel does actually mean something.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
That said. THINK OF THE POSSIBILITIES!

Bryan vs Rollins
Bryan vs Nakamura
Bryan vs Styles
Bryan vs Zayn
Bryan vs KO

Bryan vs Reigns to make him look strong...

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Selfishly I was hoping Bryan would leave WWE because I hate their product but I'm happy he gets to come back doing what he loves

I’m wondering if the doctors were under any confluence to clear him given that it was obvious he would return to the indies.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
Yep. WWE has been so bad and predictable for years now that I don't even bother to tune into most shows. Bryan coming out unannounced would totally peak my interest and make me wanting more. This is big news, but doesn't nearly have the same effect.

It's why out of 10 of my friends who watched wrestling all the time, only 2 of us schmucks remain.

Reactions: AtlantaWhaler

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
I’m wondering if the doctors were under any confluence to clear him given that it was obvious he would return to the indies.
I'd bet there is a lot of truth to this. Vince is senile but he isn't stupid. He knows what it'd do to WWE if the most popular star since Stone Cold went to his biggest rival, even if he doesn't publicly consider NJPW/ROH his rival.

PeterSidorkiewicz

Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
The WWE being all about 'moments' really is one off it's biggest problems.

Anyway, single pop really don't make any different at all in the long run, but getting people to watch TV, pop a rating in a big TV contract year when they are actively negotiating with Fox to get a prime time TV slot on a bigger channel does actually mean something.

So are you saying, you like the way this comeback was handled? That its going to do great things for the WWE?

I think my idea is far superior in every way.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
That said. THINK OF THE POSSIBILITIES!

Bryan vs Rollins
Bryan vs Nakamura
Bryan vs Styles
Bryan vs Zayn
Bryan vs KO

Bryan vs Reigns to make him look strong...
The big one is really Nakamura, as that one has never happened anywhere. The only times they've been in a match were tag matches in NJPW forever ago, a singles match is something very worth looking forward to.

But this also means no Okada match...

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
.....say what you will though.

I'm...interested in both Smackdown tonight AND Wrestlemania in general.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
So are you saying, you like the way this comeback was handled? That its going to do great things for the WWE?

I think my idea is far superior in every way.
You can like it as an isolated idea sure. There's nothing wrong with it. But if you apply the same logic for doing it to everything then all you have are surprises and never have anything to actually advertise in the first place.

Some times you need to announce things so you can advertise them (and piggyback on it with other things too), sometimes you leave them as a surprise for the entertainment value. There isn't a hard rule for it, but there is most definitely value in promoting something before TV. You can't say it's wrong, at worst it's less good (which isn't bad).

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
Well, its something I care about when it comes to Wrestling. I mean I am glad he is back, but they just ruined something special as well.

its not ideal, the way they did it. but just the fact that its hapening, it surprised the hell out of me.
and im for sure tunnig in to Smackdown tonight to see this play out...

Reactions: CPTN71

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
The big one is really Nakamura, as that one has never happened anywhere. The only times they've been in a match were tag matches in NJPW forever ago, a singles match is something very worth looking forward to.

But this also means no Okada match...

If Okada wants a piece of Bryan Danielson, he’s going to have to step out of the Japanese bingo halls and step up to the big leagues

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
if AJ is out this really is like the only think you can give fans and they cant really be upset so

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
if AJ is out this really is like the only think you can give fans and they cant really be upset so
I think it’s a lucky break in that regard. They wouldn’t clear him just for one match.

PeterSidorkiewicz

Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
You can like it as an isolated idea sure. There's nothing wrong with it. But if you apply the same logic for doing it to everything then all you have are surprises and never have anything to actually advertise in the first place.

Some times you need to announce things so you can advertise them (and piggyback on it with other things too), sometimes you leave them as a surprise for the entertainment value. There isn't a hard rule for it, but there is most definitely value in promoting something before TV. You can't say it's wrong, at worst it's less good (which isn't bad).

Yeah I agree, I just think in this specific isolated incident they went about it the wrong way.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
My head is spinning....

Just please don't f*** this up. Please. Also, I just flat out don't want to see one of the greatest ever, and most over superstar since Austin tied up with Shane McMahon...

That may just be me being selfish though.

Reactions: ColePens

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad