Speculation: Daniel Alfredsson: "I might play another year"

Laser Rayzor

Cautiously Optimistic
Dec 8, 2012
The Underground
There's still a pretty damn good chance that Dan Cleary re-signs. I'm also imagining Daniel Alfredsson re-signing. Tomas Tatar and Luke Glendening are RFAs who will likely return too....

Glendening is still waiver exempt for a few seasons IIRC so I doubt he gets a full time spot over those 2. Cause I really don't see KH giving away one of the prospects he drafted because he wants Luke Glendening on the roster. Maybe he does for Callahan (I wouldn't) but no way he gets rid of Ferraro (pretty much cost KH a 1st rounder) to keep Glendening in Detroit and not in GR.
The way I see it working out up front is like this:
(In terms of roster spot, not role on the team)

13/14 --> 14/15
Datsyuk --> Datsyuk
Zetterberg --> Zetterberg
Weiss --> Weiss
Franzen --> Franzen
Alfredsson --> UFA/Alfredsson
Samuelsson --> Ferraro
Helm --> Helm
Bertuzzi --> Sheahan
Abdelkader --> Abdelkader
Cleary --> Callahan/Cleary/UFA
Miller --> Miller
Nyquist --> Nyquist
Tatar --> Tatar
Andersson --> Andersson

With Callahan being the likely victim if they decide to pursue one or a couple UFAs (please god not Cleary)

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
There's still a pretty damn good chance that Dan Cleary re-signs.

Cleary is done. Those knees never healed, even after the surgery. Time to move on and not live in the past, when this guy was solid rock with healthy knees.

Babcock is limiting his icetime all the time. 7 minutes in last game when the season high was 16min at some point and Cleary will get benched when Bert comes back.

Our kids are coming and it's time to start using these proven winners we are maturing in our AHL-powerhouse factory called Grand Rapids Griffins.

alfie follower

Oct 16, 2013
ottawa
Another nice play at the blueline to set up the 1st goal... and a damn good pk kill... With dats and Z out, he's the leader on this team.... I think he's part of the reason Franz and Kronner are steppin up more...

crashman

Another nice play at the blueline to set up the 1st goal... and a damn good pk kill... With dats and Z out, he's the leader on this team.... I think he's part of the reason Franz and Kronner are steppin up more...

I never thought about that, you might be right. They've both been damn good lately.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Cleary is done. Those knees never healed, even after the surgery. Time to move on and not live in the past, when this guy was solid rock with healthy knees.

Babcock is limiting his icetime all the time. 7 minutes in last game when the season high was 16min at some point and Cleary will get benched when Bert comes back.

Our kids are coming and it's time to start using these proven winners we are maturing in our AHL-powerhouse factory called Grand Rapids Griffins.

I'll be shocked if Cleary isn't on the team next year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad