Confirmed with Link: Dane Fox traded to Canes for future considerations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
Are the Checkers an NHL team I haven't heard about? People are complaining about Stewart in a draft where the Canucks got 3 players who will be in the Lineup this year and a 4th who has 10 SO in college. When the first 4 picks play in the nhl the gm can do anything they want with the rest of the draft IMO.

Could've been 4 players but he traded him for a guy that couldn't skate.:sarcasm:

geebaan

7th round busted
Oct 27, 2012
Are the Checkers an NHL team I haven't heard about? People are complaining about Stewart in a draft where the Canucks got 3 players who will be in the Lineup this year and a 4th who has 10 SO in college. When the first 4 picks play in the nhl the gm can do anything they want with the rest of the draft IMO.

So McCann has deserved to be in the lineup all year? Man, we are the Oilers! Lets get em all in too early! Detroit model be damned!

geebaan

7th round busted
Oct 27, 2012
It shouldn't be a conversation anyway.

McCann earned his way onto the team he deserves to play.

Like Draisitl though, he didn't continue to earn it, and should have been sent down. Do you think Edmonton regrets doing that, even a little bit at this point?

DadBod

Sep 1, 2009
Coquitlam
I think McCann is victim on his linemates. The talent and surprising grit is there. He'd be so much better spending 2 seasons in the AHL though, by that time he'll be twice the player.

geebaan

7th round busted
Oct 27, 2012
I think McCann is victim on his linemates. The talent and surprising grit is there. He'd be so much better spending 2 seasons in the AHL though, by that time he'll be twice the player.

Nah dude, sending players down doesn't improve them. The only way you learn is playing 8 minutes a night with foundational players like Dorsett.

Verviticus

Jul 23, 2010
I feel the need to contribute to the most absurd thread that I have read on this board...Just flabbergasted that this is still on the first page and still going, so I want to keep it there lol

It amazes me that so many insignificant moves get so much attention around here.

thank you bobby, im glad we can impress and amaze

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
I feel the need to contribute to the most absurd thread that I have read on this board...Just flabbergasted that this is still on the first page and still going, so I want to keep it there lol

It amazes me that so many insignificant moves get so much attention around here.

I suppose at some point, the percentages say that one of these moves turns out to bite us a bit. I do agree in the concept of why are we giving away these "long shot" assets for nothing. I suppose that it is possible that a longshot comes through, or even that the next to "nothing" becomes an asset at some point.

But clearly, Dane Fox was not a player who had the respect of any in this organization. It is a certainty, in my view, that NEITHER the Canucks or the Utica coaches/management believed in this kid. Maybe he is a complete ****, or maybe they just don't like him as a player, but with more knowledge than we have, Travis Green did not want him either. Therefore, even with the small risk that he turns his life around, learns to skate, and becomes a contributor elsewhere, I am not concerned by this move in any way.

Now, let's see how long this mindless discussion continues to be front and centre...

This is the exact opposite of mindless discussion.

EVERYONE agrees that - in and of itself - this move is a nothing move that will more than likely prove to be irrelevant.

However, the discussion here is about patterns of treatment of young players, who should be getting a shot in the AHL and why, and a lot of good questions have been raised as to who actually makes personnel calls in Utica and whether it's being done correctly.

In terms of all of that, this is one of the more interesting thread on the board right now. As opposed to OMG TRYAMKIN IS 6'8"!!!!1!

I do not believe McCann played his way off the team.

Agree to disagree. And I disagree a lot.

It would be difficult for him to have been any worse or done any less over the last 4 months. He's not skating well, not generating scoring chances, not being noticeable and not doing things to help the team win.

NYR and Edmonton kept Draisaitl and Duclair up last year after good camps and sent both back before burning a year of UFA when it became obvious they were struggling and not keeping up. And both are having terrific years in the NHL this year.

geebaan

7th round busted
Oct 27, 2012
This is the exact opposite of mindless discussion.

EVERYONE agrees that - in and of itself - this move is a nothing move that will more than likely prove to be irrelevant.

However, the discussion here is about patterns of treatment of young players, who should be getting a shot in the AHL and why, and a lot of good questions have been raised as to who actually makes personnel calls in Utica and whether it's being done correctly.

In terms of all of that, this is one of the more interesting thread on the board right now. As opposed to OMG TRYAMKIN IS 6'8"!!!!1!

Agree to disagree. And I disagree a lot.

It would be difficult for him to have been any worse or done any less over the last 4 months. He's not skating well, not generating scoring chances, not being noticeable and not doing things to help the team win.

NYR and Edmonton kept Draisaitl and Duclair up last year after good camps and sent both back before burning a year of UFA when it became obvious they were struggling and not keeping up. And both are having terrific years in the NHL this year.

See?! It never works!

go comets

Jul 10, 2013
Shockingly that stud Dane Fox that some accused Benning of giving away, has not dressed for either checkers game this weekend....

IComeInPeace

Jun 16, 2009
LA
I guess his 1 game 1 assist +1 and 4 shots stat line didn't overwhelm Charlotte brass as much as it did some of the Benning haters here.

Rotting Corpse*

Sep 20, 2003
Kelowna, BC
I'm glad you guys are able to get your rocks off about an AHL player being a healthy scratch, but nobody ever said anything more than he deserved a bigger chance here and I still believe that and I don't care if he doesn't amount to anything because it doesn't contradict anything I or anyone else has said.

But keep bumping the thread every time he is scratched or has a zero point game; that will show us!

opendoor

Dec 12, 2006
LOL Mike Gillis signed the best goal scorer in Junior hockey one year and it cost us only a contract slot. WOW so dumb hahaha

Give me a guy like Stewart any day. I wonder how ownership feels about Benning spending hundreds of thousands of dollars of their money on a guy who has 8 points in 33 games as an overager in the WHL and is seemingly unplayable at even the ECHL level. Can anyone come up with a worse player to garner an NHL deal in recent history?

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
Give me a guy like Stewart any day. I wonder how ownership feels about Benning spending hundreds of thousands of dollars of their money on a guy who has 8 points in 33 games as an overager in the WHL and is seemingly unplayable at even the ECHL level. Can anyone come up with a worse player to garner an NHL deal in recent history?

Cam Barker.

Who was it that signed him? :sarcasm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad