Confirmed with Link: Dane Fox traded to Canes for future considerations

Status
Not open for further replies.

windflare

May 31, 2006
Vancouver, B.C.
NEWS 1130 Sports@NEWS1130Sports 1 min
The #Canucks have traded Dane Fox to the @NHLCanes for future considerations.

Carolina Hurricanes@NHLCanes 4 mins
[NEWS] #Canes acquire Dane Fox from Vancouver. He will join @CheckersHockey → Details: n.carhur.com/1LazE9E pic.twitter.com/DkBDs368RJ

Welp.

Apparently, for T.J. Hensick... or not.

NEWS 1130 Sports@NEWS1130Sports 26 secs
RT @UticaComets The #Comets have acquired four time @TheAHL All-Star T.J. Hensick (@TJHensick).

According to coldhands, it's Blair Jones for T.J. Hensick, and Dane Fox is for future considerations. Realistically, it's probably Jones and Fox for Hensick and... futures.

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showpost.php?p=115088995&postcount=16

We'll see how many more times this thread title will have to be edited...

Last edited:

TARS

May 3, 2009
Vancouver
Is this really the time to be literally giving prospects away?

Lindenning don't care about no PR.

Bad News Benning

Fallin for Dahlin?
Jan 11, 2003
Victoria
Visit site
Future Considerations? some potatoes? a 12 oz steak? a player in the Canes organization with ties to WD, Benning, or Weisbrod? a signed picture of Eddie Lack giving the two finger salute?

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
why? And I say that from the point of view from both teams. Just why?

Well I guess the Comets needs another right winger seeing as their leading scorer and RWer was traded....

But I'm not even sure Hensick is anything more than an average AHL player at this point.

rune74

Oct 10, 2008
NOOOOO! OMG what will we do! How can they trade away this awesome future player!

Am I doing this right?

Realistically he would never have made the canucks let alone Utica, just didn't have the foot speed. No real loss here.

GetFocht

Indestructible
Jun 11, 2013
T.J. Hensick is a good a pick up for Utica, should gear them up for the playoffs

Bad News Benning

Fallin for Dahlin?
Jan 11, 2003
Victoria
Visit site
Dane Fox can't skate unfortunately. If he was an average skater he would have a future as a 3rd line pest.

If this clears 50 man roster room to sign college free agents im fine with this move.

FroshaugFan2

Dec 7, 2006
Finally one of the best goal scorers in the ECHL will get a real shot in the A.

Glad that Fox gets a chance with a new organization before his ELC is up.

Josepho

i want the bartkowski thread back
Jan 1, 2015
British Columbia
This is likely just clearing a roster spot to sign a prospect. I don't see Fox as anything special (although I wish we tried him in the A). I'm fine with this. If this is to make room for Stecher and Caggiula I'm happy. Hopefully it's not so we can sign Pettit or some ****.

Wisp

Nov 14, 2010
bet Bennning didn't even consider whether Fox's hockey playing ability had upside and that he kept him exiled in the ECHL based on assumptions of character (based on the incident that got him traded from London to Erie).

also, in before someone says "T.J. Hensick has upside!" without noticing he's 30.

Wisp

Nov 14, 2010
As for Fox, good luck to him. No one can argue he didn't at least deserve a look in the AHL.

Wisp

Nov 14, 2010
Realistically he would never have made the canucks let alone Utica, just didn't have the foot speed. No real loss here.
"let alone Utica." Backhanded insult to the Canucks? :laugh:

coldhands

Jan 25, 2012
BC
Dane Fox can't skate unfortunately. If he was an average skater he would have a future as a 3rd line pest.

If this clears 50 man roster room to sign college free agents im fine with this move.

Apparently his skating has improved quite a bit this year and is now one of the fastest skaters on his team. He deserved a shot in the AHL this year.

Domecile

Opinion != Fact
Jul 9, 2014
Delta
This is it. This is the move that finally pushes me over the edge with this management.

#firebenning #firelinden #fireeveryone #hirecompetentpeople

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad