Waived: Dana Tyrell clears waivers | Alex Killorn called up

newham89

Feb 11, 2010
Nottingham, UK
Positive move! Still would rather see Labrie sent down and Killorn up, but excited to see him in a Bolts sweater all the same. Has been flat out dominant for the Crunch.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Little do we know Yzerman went down to Conacher's room and had a talk with him about what happens to short hockey players in Tampa who leak news...they get sold to Ringling.

This could be a possibility. Conacher's tweet explaining it didn't really explain anything, which is probably more believable than if he adquately said what happened. The media doesn't have anything better to do, so they'll probably poke that story a bit.

Conacher tweeted that he was having fun with Connolly. I think the wording of this implies a connection to the Tyrell situation. It could have been explained away intially as being a good luck to him for the Crunch's game tonight. Since it's hard to believe that an NHL player wouldn't be aware of the talk, the idea could have been that he was wishing his roommate good luck on being called up, but that conflicts with the 'having fun with' aspect.

The simple way to read into this would be that Conacher tweeted Connolly as a joke when there were rumblings about somebody being called up to try and get a rise out of him.

edit: oh, I see it's Killorn, I thought that they might have waited until after the Crunch game today.

tl;dr dammit honey badger, stop writing yourself into a corner.

Last edited:

Bolts4Life91

Feb 9, 2013
Vancouver, BC
Hope Tyrell he clears and we don't lose him, bad move in my opinion. I haven't been happy with Lee's play too. I would have sent down Nacho and called up Killorn while keeping Tyrell.

BoltingAway

Feb 26, 2012
Pumped about this move, and feel like it can really improve the team. If Killorn can play as the 3C, that makes a big difference. Still don't like the Tyrell move, and don't understand why we didn't waive/send down Labrie or Mik, but oh well.

zeykshade

May 27, 2011
Tannhauser Gate
Doubt he'll play Center. He was playing wing with Wyman and Angelidis Centering the Line. Then they put him on a line with TJ and Connolly. TJ as the Center.

Pyatt will continue to center the third line. Not that Boucher cares about Wing and Center other than for taking Faceoffs.

Tampacuseforever

Nov 3, 2012
Pouliot Pyatt Killorn. Has the makings of an excellent third line with some size. I like it, need these Syracuse kids to get a chance. Now where's Gudas !!!

Tampacuseforever

Nov 3, 2012
I like Tyrell as well but we have two small forwards already, he has unfortunately become the small man out. Killorn is big and strong and will add much needed size to the lineup.

zeykshade

May 27, 2011
Tannhauser Gate
Of the Forwards in Syracuse, Killorn is the best combination of size, skill, offense, consistent work ethic. Killorn uses his size to possess the puck, not to bash. He's worked on his footspeed as well. Hope to hell he does well in this callup. Will be interesting to see if the man playing in the AHL can be a man playing in the NHL. His game should translate well actually.

Panik is the most skilled forward on the team, he plays with an edge too and is pretty big, but he's not nearly as consistent as Killorn.

BoltingAway

Feb 26, 2012
Doubt he'll play Center. He was playing wing with Wyman and Angelidis Centering the Line. Then they put him on a line with TJ and Connolly. TJ as the Center.

Pyatt will continue to center the third line. Not that Boucher cares about Wing and Center other than for taking Faceoffs.

Ah. Well regardless, really like the 3rd line and the top 9 overall if Killorn can make an impact.

Steazy Doo

Jan 31, 2013
I suspect Killorn is going to see some top six time. The kid can do it all, and with Malone struggling...

BoltingAway

Feb 26, 2012
So what this leaves unanswered is why Conacher tweeted Connolly... :)

22362023.jpg

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
http://www2.tbo.com/sports/lightnin...630243/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter
"We're happy with his play, I told Dana that,'' Yzerman said. "But in looking at our team and our needs, the only way to potentially address one of our needs right now is to create a roster spot, so I had to do something.''
http://blog.syracuse.com/crunch/2013/02/syracuse_crunchs_killorn_could.html
"It has nothing to do with Dana,'' BriseBois said of the move. "We're just trying to change our mix at the NHL level.''

Last edited:

Tampacuseforever

Nov 3, 2012
Very excited to see Killorn up, but don't expect the same impact as Conacher. Need to be patient with these guys they are just rookies, but it's great to see the beginning of the future. There is still a few guys down there that will be playing in Tampa soon.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad