Waived: Dana Tyrell clears waivers | Alex Killorn called up

DangleDoppler

Jul 14, 2009
Feaster claims him, calling it now.

I don't see why this has happened, Tyrell is better than Labrie or Lee, why him?

Hell Labrie would probably clear waivers, I dont think Tyrell will.

I agree with this...I almost think we did this on purpose so that Feaster could claim him...Maybe we owe Calgary considerations? That's the only thing I could think of...He had 1 goal and 1 assist when Feaster was here for the 20th anniversary thing..

LTIR Trickery

Plz stop pucks
Jun 27, 2007
Scrip Club
So as long as we don't get Feaster'd, he'll go down to Syracuse. This makes Crombeen an everyday fourth liner. I'm somewhat okay with this.

On the other hand you don't do something like this without a reason, its just a kid in the pressbox...

bassassin

Apr 1, 2008
England
So as long as we don't get Feaster'd, he'll go down to Syracuse. This makes Crombeen an everyday fourth liner. I'm somewhat okay with this.

On the other hand you don't do something like this without a reason, its just a kid in the pressbox...

But even if he was sitting, he still has had a decent amount of games.

He's played 6 of 10 with a goal and an assist. Plus the energy he brings. I don't like it one bit.

DangleDoppler

Jul 14, 2009
But even if he was sitting, he still has had a decent amount of games.

He's played 6 of 10 with a goal and an assist. Plus the energy he brings. I don't like it one bit.

Not to mention has played quality time on the PK...

Unless this is a precursor to something larger, or as a result of some deal with Feaster... I'd say this is a terrible decision.

So, like everyone else said when Downs got traded, I will wait until SFY works his magic because I trust him.

bassassin

Apr 1, 2008
England
So, if Tyrell clears waivers, he will go to Syracuse. I expect a recall. One of Wilson, Jacques and Wyman.

What do they bring that Tyrell doesn't?

Jacques obviously brings a mean streak, but we have Labrie and Crombeen and Aulie, I don't see him as an upgrade over them physically.

Wilson and Wyman are minor league scorers. I don't see them as an upgrade over Tyrell in the slightest. He was all heart, something this team needs more of not less.

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Hmm I wonder if we're adding a player. I wouldn't be suprised if David Desharnais eventually joins this team. Montreal has an abundance of centers (Plekanec, Galchenyuk, Eller) and Desharnais played with Boucher in Hamilton. He would make a good third line center for this team.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
The absolute hate towards Brian Lee is ridiculous sometimes, he's a solid 3rd pair guy. Couple of back games early but really good lately. I think we could of got a 5th for Tyrell at least.

bassassin

Apr 1, 2008
England
The absolute hate towards Brian Lee is ridiculous sometimes, he's a solid 3rd pair guy. Couple of back games early but really good lately. I think we could of got a 5th for Tyrell at least.

I don't hate Lee, the only reason i'm picking on him is I think Tyrell>Lee. Simple as that.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
I can't think of a good explanation for this. The first game was Jan 19th. It's been 3 weeks and Yzerman wants to make a change now? I know we've lost the past 3 but it seems kinda weird. Nobody is really panicking. And since then I think it would be hard to say somebody down there deserves a call up. Syracuse has been in a funk since they lost Labrie, Aulie, and Conacher. Again they had their chance 3 weeks ago, has that much changed that this warrants possibly losing Tyrell? We don't really need more offense. Our pp is 2nd in the league and we've shown we can light it up. And defensively, you can't say any single player in Syracuse is better than Tyrell.

Boucher has always been a Tyrell supporter. I don't think you can find any quotes from him criticizing Tyrell's play. Boucher spoke yesterday about the importance of the process, and this move is like going against that. I think a guy like Tyrell embodies what Boucher wants from his players, which is why he's been here the past 3 years under Boucher. That's why he was given a 2 year deal last year. He does what he's told and gives Boucher exactly what he asks for.

As for why him instead of Labrie or one of the 6th, 7th, or 8th dman, I get that part. Labrie fills the role of the tough guy that Boucher likes to have now, even if he only uses him sparingly. And Yzerman would much rather risk losing a forward over losing a dman.

I don't think Tyrell deserves to sit, let alone be put on waivers, but Yzerman usually does the right thing so I once again have faith in him, but this one is definitely puzzling .

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
This isn't a season where SFY is likely to able to wait long before having to do something.

Syracuse would probably benefit from Tyrell playing there, but I'm surprised that it's him and not Labrie.

IdealisticSniper

Nov 9, 2008

As of right now Lee is the worst defensemen on this team. Yes worse than MAB. He CAN be better, but this year he has been horrendous and the direct cause of numerous goals against.

As for this Tyrell move. I dont get it really. Tyrell had no major issues sitting when it was needed and he played well when he was used.

Id be surprised if someone doesnt claim he, but usually I think that and the player goes unclaimed, so we will see.

I can only hope some type of good move is coming from this. I dont see why you need to clear a roster spot. Tyrell is on one way so youre not saving money on sending him down either.

Head scratcher for sure.

bov

Nov 13, 2010
Risk Tyrell on waivers to call up Wyman? I don't think so.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad