Dan Girardi Appreciation thread

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
they should have bought out Staal over Girardi in my opinion
And if they did, he would be off the books, right? You see, Tampa even lucked out with this. He was still under contract, right? We still have Marc, and believe it or not.....I think that is a good thing. He still brings stability and gives it his best.....which obviously isn't good enough.

Yeah, brings me to those remarks by that @mmovies character severely criticizing Marc. I also remember our mod defending Marc and all has brought over the years. Kudos McCay? Sorry if I screwed up your name.

Marc was quite the puck carrier and original leader on defense until McD came along.

Congrats to quite the defenseman. We miss you. At least I do.

Joey Bones

***** 2k16
Jul 27, 2012
Nowhere
Honestly one of the best players to play in modern day Rangerstown. An absolute trooper in every sense of the word. A great career for an undrafted guy. Hope he comes back to the organization. It was tough for us fans when he left despite obvious drop in play. I’m sure it was tough with the players when he left, too.

All the best to you & your family Dan!! You deserved it!!

:towel::vhappy::yo:

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York

It's insane that in that Game 7 vs Ottawa we won 2-1 and the goals were scored by Girardi and Staal.

That Islanders game was nuts too.

I know the wheels fell off with him at the end here but it was more his usage than anything.

I'll always love Girardi because I felt like him stepping into the lineup as a kid way back when signaled the Rangers going on the way up with some homegrown talent.

Reactions: eco's bones

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
I was always a fan. Dan gave his all--played tons of minutes and got the hardest matchups. Took tremendous beatings and hardly ever missed a game and there were times you would think there's no way he's going to finish the game or play the next one and yet there he was back on the ice anyway. It all took a toll though--he just played through the consequences so he was a great example to younger players. Tortorella turned him into a shot blocking machine--if it weren't for that he might still have a job. A really great character guy.

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
The absolute epitome of a rock.

He was among the league leaders for a good half decade in hits and blocked shots and despite that, he only missed 2 games from 2006~2012. ****ing Ironman. Great career to someone who wasn't even good enough to be drafted.

He proudly represented our jersey for 788 regular season games and 122 playoff games.

Happy retirement Danny G!

tumblr_o38g5oNpX81uhf9oxo1_500.gif

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad