Waived: Dan Cleary (cleared, assigned to GR - changes mind, going to GR)

SoupNazi

Serenity now. Insanity later.
Feb 6, 2010
This just in. Maple Leafs pick up Dan Cleary. Babcock pencils him in at 1C.

"Realgud, baby, realgud."

That said - thanks for the memories, Dan.

Shoalzie

Trust me!
May 16, 2003
Portland, MI
Thought it was kind of understood that they'd sign him but he'd play in the AHL this year. I'm happy this happening but not surprised.

Syckle78

Nov 5, 2011
Redford, MI
There's really no reason to sports hate the guy anymore. Dude helped bring a cup here and get to another finals. If this is his curtain call then thanks for the effort and good luck to ya, clears.

Vladdy84

L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y
Dec 1, 2011
Farmington
There's really no reason to sports hate the guy anymore. Dude helped bring a cup here and get to another finals. If this is his curtain call then thanks for the effort and good luck to ya, clears.

Dude ruined my game watching experience way too often the past 3 years.

sarcastro

Jul 28, 2005
What would be the point of waiving him if he's not going anywhere?

Gives them the option of sending him out if necessary. Without having to file any more paperwork or wait x days for him to clear.

I'll believe he's going to GR when I see him play a game for the Griffs. Until then, I ain't buying it.

Tomas W

Oct 23, 2007
Sweden
I'll always have fond memories of Cleary destroying Phaneuf in round 1 in 2007 and then setting up a goal on the same shift.

Cleary was a real warrior, always played his lungs out (or at least he did when I watched Wings play). But since his tenancy was his main asset he became irrelevant once he lost his step.

Heaton

Feb 13, 2004
Auburn Hills
Gives them the option of sending him out if necessary. Without having to file any more paperwork or wait x days for him to clear.

I'll believe he's going to GR when I see him play a game for the Griffs. Until then, I ain't buying it.

The fact it took so long to waive him is enough evidence to believe he'll play at least 10 games this year in Detroit.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
I get that, but I'm confused why the statement wasn't Cleary waived AND sent to the Griffins. Him just being waived concerns me.

It's not simultaneous. You have to clear before you can be assigned. I don't think you can just bypass it even though its like a 0% chance he is claimed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad