Waived: Dan Cleary (cleared, assigned to GR - changes mind, going to GR)

hyduK

Feb 21, 2009
just saw this. jumped out of my seat at work. praise be to holland.

Probert

Feb 27, 2008
Boston, MA
I think Cleary will retire and take a job with the team close to the players. Larkin makes the team. Ouellet fills in for DK until Marchenko is healthy. Pulki rides pine until he steals a spot. So does Ferraro. Until Holland packages Kindl and Andersson for picks.

:nod:

Cleary will retire before he plays for another team or in the AHL. Everything continues to proceed as I have foreseen. :sarcasm:

golffuul

Oct 24, 2011
then why did they sing him just a few weeks ago ?

Cause it's the last of the $7M that Philly was going to pay him that we "interrupted" him from getting, so that he could continue playing in Detroit. It's also salary we can have not hit the cap and still pay him if he wants to retire.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
then why did they sing him just a few weeks ago ?

He can still make 1 almost million dollars if he chooses, just has to come to terms with the fact that he's not an NHL caliber player anymore. He may retire.

Eastopia

Custom Title User
May 26, 2012
Well, this was predictable. :)

Now go be a good leader on the Griffs, Dan.

sarcastro

Jul 28, 2005
He's not gone yet. Waived <> demoted. This just means they can send him down in the next 30 days without having to waive him again.

I don't think he's going anywhere.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
He's not gone yet. Waived <> demoted. This just means they can send him down in the next 30 days without having to waive him again.

Helm practiced in full today. Kindl has a decrent chance of returning tomorrow. I really doubt he's coming back up.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009

What would be the point of waiving him if he's not going anywhere?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad