damonster's GM Game #1 (1 Teams Left)

heyhockeytown91

Jul 22, 2012
I just posted this in the Chatzy, but I'm going to post it here as well because, well, it just makes too much sense.

Why doesn't one league member simulate the season on NHL 12 with updated rosters instead of us voting for playoffs? It would be much more realistic.

Top 6 Spaling

Jun 23, 2010
Smashville
I just posted this in the Chatzy, but I'm going to post it here as well because, well, it just makes too much sense.

Why doesn't one league member simulate the season on NHL 12 with updated rosters instead of us voting for playoffs? It would be much more realistic.

It could work, but a problem I see with it is that a lot of players are horribly under/over rated in those games. Derek Roy is an 88? Right....

Personally, I like what we have now.

Top 6 Spaling

Jun 23, 2010
Smashville
Uh, why exactly is it preferable to have a vote as to who makes the playoffs as opposed to simulating it?

1. Over/under rated players in NHL 12.
2. NHL 12s sim system sucks.
3. This is about who can build the best team, and IMO, GMs votes can get closer to that than a simulator. True, the best team rarely win the cup in real life, but I think this is more about who can build the best team than accurately showing how a playoff series would go... because that is impossible.

heyhockeytown91

Jul 22, 2012
1. Over/under rated players in NHL 12.
2. NHL 12s sim system sucks.
3. This is about who can build the best team, and IMO, GMs votes can get closer to that than a simulator. True, the best team rarely win the cup in real life, but I think this is more about who can build the best team than accurately showing how a playoff series would go... because that is impossible.

Even taking all three of these into consideration, I think simming is a much more realistic option. What's to prevent a GM from ranking a team last who he didn't have the best relationship with trades and such?

Top 6 Spaling

Jun 23, 2010
Smashville
Even taking all three of these into consideration, I think simming is a much more realistic option. What's to prevent a GM from ranking a team last who he didn't have the best relationship with trades and such?

Law of averages says one GM ranking a team badly will be over-ruled by the other 29.

Neither system is perfect by any means, but I think voting is closer.

Michael Farkas

Celebrate 68
Jun 28, 2006
NYC
www.hockeyprospect.com
You guys need an experienced agent for RFAs? I could lend some time to help, I'm a bit of a stickler (i.e., no one is signing a player with top-six forward upside at the age of 21 to a 4 year deal worth $1.25 million per year...or any nonsense like that). Prefer to do RFAs because I know what's required of qualifying offers, one-way/two-way stuff, etc. If you need someone, feel free to PM me, if not, that's fine too.

KuralySnipes

Jan 7, 2011
Arlington, VA
:bruins need legit top six talent, and offensive + defensive depth

David Krejci is willing to be packaged for a puck moving defenseman or top 6 scoring winger

Last edited:

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
Looking for a assitent GM since i am in Toronto. Your job would be to use our resources to fill in our needs and make EDM better

heyhockeytown91

Jul 22, 2012
I am a first-season GM who is also looking for an assistant. You could help out as much or as little as you'd like and it would all be appreciated greatly. PM if interested.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad