Damien Brunner

PWiz30

I love to hockey!
Jan 3, 2013
Rich Chere ‏@Ledger_NJDevils 23s
Damien Brunner will be out a minimum of 4 weeks with knee injury. Does not need surgery. http://nj.com/devils

Sounds to me like a dislocated knee cap. I've seen them before, I know pro athletes tend to take about 4 weeks to come back unless there are complicating factors, and I know it hurts like hell when it happens (supposed to be significantly more painful than a torn ACL). If his recovery is typical this is good news.

JerryGigantic

Old Skool
Jul 17, 2006
New York
I feel so bad for him. He's such a nice that and he was so miserable when he wasn't playing well... and he finally got his game back and he's smiling and giggling in interviews then this happens.

In typical HF fashion, I was ready to jettison him into space during his prolonged slump of suckitude, but once the tide turned he was so joyful he completely won me over.

His banter with Teddy a few days back was just so adorable.

Get better, Swiss Chocolate.

Devils Trap

May 6, 2009
New Jersey
ZOJV9dk.gif

LOL. Right in the nuts

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
if they lifted weights before the game they would not have a lot of energy for the game their muscles would be tired

Yeah I'm pretty sure most players do not lift before a game. Some work out after the game, and work out after practice is over. I haven't heard of many doing it before the game.

tycobb

Jun 28, 2011
I want Brunner back for the sole purpose of sending Boucher back to the AHL. This kid should have been sent down weeks ago.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
I still say we should have signed Mason Raymond, he has been good for Toronto all year. Have liked the kid since his college days

Wow he was dirt cheap, and your right he's producing quite well for the leafs. Put up good #'s last year as well. And he's young.

But we'll have another chance after this year.

How the heck did the leafs sign him to a one year deal worth one mil?

Csonked Out

Mar 20, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Wow he was dirt cheap, and your right he's producing quite well for the leafs. Put up good #'s last year as well. And he's young.

But we'll have another chance after this year.

How the heck did the leafs sign him to a one year deal worth one mil?

I am still wondering that same thing.....kids got speed and decent vision, not the best finisher though. I said we should sign him during the off-season and got eaten alive. I never really have understood the Brunner hype, seems like he will always struggle to get the space he needs in the NHL.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
I am still wondering that same thing.....kids got speed and decent vision, not the best finisher though. I said we should sign him during the off-season and got eaten alive. I never really have understood the Brunner hype, seems like he will always struggle to get the space he needs in the NHL.

Brunner was looking great prior to the injury.

As far as Raymond as not a finisher, he does have a 25 g season under his belt, 10 in the short season last year, and 12 this year. Fine he's not a big time goal scorer, but those are solid #'s.

And he's never been below zero in terms of +/-.

1 year $1mil? that's a head scratcher.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
I wouldn't say great

Brunner's been good for 6 games, the rest he's looked like complete ****... still it would be nice to have him back

Your right that it was only about 6 games, but he did look pretty darn good for those 6 games.

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
Rich Chere ‏@Ledger_NJDevils
DeBoer said Damien Brunner is close to returning. "He's making a lot of progress back in New Jersey and getting close."

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad