Damien Brunner

BurgerTime

Dec 14, 2009
I still say we should have signed Mason Raymond, he has been good for Toronto all year. Have liked the kid since his college days

Every time I hear his name called, this is what I think of

so I think we should get him.

Last edited:

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
Looks like Brunner is starting to come on. I'm sure you guys already know that he's streaky as hell though. Still wish the Wings would've kept him however.

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
It's frustrating because he looks like a legit 30 goal scorer winger at times. And then he just goes invisible for a long stretch. His defense is terrible but if he can find consistency on offense he's worth a roster spot on every team in the league.

Richer's Ghost

Bourbonite
Apr 19, 2007
photoshop labor camp somewhere in MN
Looks like Brunner is starting to come on. I'm sure you guys already know that he's streaky as hell though. Still wish the Wings would've kept him however.

We heard the reports about this early on, but I think we were expecting less severe swings in production than going from Cam Janssen for 15 games then Jagr for 10 and so on. :laugh:

Love him when he's rolling thunder though.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
We heard the reports about this early on, but I think we were expecting less severe swings in production than going from Cam Janssen for 15 games then Jagr for 10 and so on. :laugh:

Love him when he's rolling thunder though.
His speed and creativity are exactly what this teams.

I'm really hoping that bad stretch was an acclimation thing and we won't see such a severe downswing.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Brunner rolling thunder as RG puts it gives us three lines that can score. Makes us deep and dangerous. Something we hoped for in pre season but never got in the 1st half.

I hope/think a lot of the problems was acclamation. Guys just needed to get used to each other and the system. Now chemistry seems to be actually forming. In Brunner's case he seems to be fitting in well with Elias now.

While I imagine he will still be streaky the black hole he fell into for a while is hopefully behind us.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Brunner brings an offensive element that nobody else on this team brings, other than our two old Czechs. He can do a lot of different things. Dangle and score some highlight reel goals, snipe, clean up garbage in front.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Brunner brings an offensive element that nobody else on this team brings, other than our two old Czechs. He can do a lot of different things. Dangle and score some highlight reel goals, snipe, clean up garbage in front.

And speed. And lord knows we can use that.

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
Jesus Christ we don't need a daily update on Damien ****ing Brunner. Why is this board so obsessed with him? this isn't done for any other player just shut up already. the over-analysis needs to stop.

lol so true. and the stupid marty vs cory thread should be nixed as well. it's like having a pete harrold vs andy greene thread. it's not a debate.

DenisSamson3

Sep 13, 2007
Bring this thread back from the dead.:arr: He has generated a few chances the past few games. Like his speed. Can't imagine reading the previous posts in this Brunner thread though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad