Damien Brunner

BinCookin

Feb 15, 2012
London, ON
Red Wings fan here.

Our board was pretty upset generally that we did not resign Damien Brunner.

He also seemed to be asking for too much money, and then later had to settle for less.

I wish we had signed him for what you got him for.

How has he played for you so far (I know he has 4 pts, but how has he looked)

I notice he is being used properly on the powerplay, we used him on the point... we really are starting to question our own coach's sanity.

Classic Devil

Spirit of 1988
Dec 23, 2003
Columbus, Ohio
He's been our best player. I don't expect him to continue to be our best player, both because I expect him to come back down to earth and because I expect the rest of the team to get its act together, but Brunner has been our best player.

He reminds me of Scott Gomez in the way that he's able to bring the puck up the ice. In the offensive zone, they don't really play anything like one another, but Brunner has the same kind of speed and shiftiness in the neutral zone with the puck that Gomez used to.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
He has been our best player. I don't expect him to score 82 goals this season, but he has been a nice gem.

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
he's one of our few exciting players this year. he is every bit as electric as kovy was last year if not more so. he's looking like a gem of a signing.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Yeah Kovy sucked last year by his standards. It's no so outlandish to say Brunner has looked better so far.

Though Kovy did have 3 points after 3 games last year too.

Devils Trap

May 6, 2009
New Jersey
Well to be fair

Kovy last year 4 ES Goals. Brunner has 2 already
Kovy had 2 PP Goals . Brunner has 1 already ....

Soo compared to last year, he is doing great compared to Kovy

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
even a diminished Kovalchuk is better than Brunner.

Not the one last year. The one last year played like he didn't give a single ****. Went invisible all the time, hit the post all the time. Didn't play with much heart.

Was also a joke at even strength.

HenriquesJawLine

Mar 6, 2009
Not the one last year. The one last year played like he didn't give a single ****. Went invisible all the time, hit the post all the time. Didn't play with much heart.

Was also a joke at even strength.

He looked like he gave lots of ***** during the OT game against Washington

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
Can you guys get through one thread without mentioning Kovalchuck? :laugh:

To answer the thread starter... Brunner had 9 shots on goal in the first game and has continued that type of play in the next two games. Shoot first guy who is scoring some around the net goals like he did last year with the Wings.

MountainGoat

he's looked great in the 3 games we've played, 3 games we've played, 3 games, 3

torero

Oct 5, 2007
West Sussex
www.scb.ch
If he plays at 80% of what he's shown on average for the rest of the yr it might be the biggest steal we've made in a while.

Actually i believe that it may potentially be the steal of the year.

He did relatively well last year in terms of stats .... which includes a huge soft patch !!
if you linearly project his period of success, you end up with almost a 1ppg.

This soft patch has explanations.

If, on top of that, you include improvement, because his last year was a rookie year in NHL, with smaller rink, you may even get above the bar of 1ppg.

Not guaranteeing anything, we all know hockey, but watch out for a year worth more than 2.5 mio !!

In my view, the Red Wings missed something.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad