Damien Brunner

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
His SO percentage isn't that high, but he is probably a better option for pure creativity over someone like Henrique or Ryder.

It's disppointing to see how Brunner is playing right now because he came out of the gate flying. I really hope that he gets his act together but if he keeps taking these bad penalties because of lazy/poor habits he is going to end up in the pressbox sooner than later.

TheDevilMadeMe

Aug 28, 2006
Brooklyn
I would honestly healthy scratch him when Elias or Clowe is ready to play again.

Tedenby has looked much better than Brunner the last few games - especially at working hard.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
I would honestly healthy scratch him when Elias or Clowe is ready to play again.

Tedenby has looked much better than Brunner the last few games - especially at working hard.

Honestly I can't see that happening. Hell, Tedenby played a very good game against Toronto and didn't sniff the ice in OT. Brunner played like crap and got at least one shift. DeBoer hates Tedenby. He's only playing Boo now because he has no choice. When Patrik comes back Tedenby is gone and when Gio comes back Josefson is gone. It doesn't matter how well they play between now and then.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
"Lamoriello, 71, balding, is considered one of the most respected managers in U.S. professional sports."

Oh dear God, Google translate :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

Haha what?:laugh::laugh:

And did he actually say he won't be into the system?

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
Wow. Interesting. My Google translation probably left some gaping holes. He also mentions that his confidence is quite low. The thing he can control is his fight level. Work on that first Damien.

Im thinking the translation is poor or the article is playing fast and loose with the truth

Brunner probably said he would have signed with the RWings if they offered. I doubt he actually said he regrets signing with us

Just Win

Nov 3, 2008
Stuttgart
I'm willing to bet he was baited into half the things he said.

Baited into saying the Devils don't know how to use him and complaining about his ice-time? LOL

If he has a problem with how he is used, talk to the coaches not the media.

TheDevilMadeMe

Aug 28, 2006
Brooklyn
Haha what?:laugh::laugh:

And did he actually say he won't be into the system?

I saw a lot of whining by the author about the system, but didn't see anything of substance from Brunner, other than complaints about ice time.

Seems like a Swiss writer who knows very little about the NHL trying to pump up the local player to a local audience.

Just Win

Nov 3, 2008
Stuttgart
There is also the typical jabs at New Jersey (he describes New Jersey like it's Detroit) and the Devils being so boring (Devils playing as unattractive as the surroundings of New Jersey look).

TheDevilMadeMe

Aug 28, 2006
Brooklyn
I don't care if he did or did not. This is simply not something that should leave the lockerroom.

Meh, if all he did was tell the author he wanted more ice time, it really isn't a big deal. What player doesn't want more ice time?

Article aside, I still think Brunner should be a healthy scratch over Tedenby at least for a few games.

apice3*

Baited into saying the Devils don't know how to use him and complaining about his ice-time? LOL

If he has a problem with how he is used, talk to the coaches not the media.

I can't read Yurop but I'm willing to bet the reporter asked him a loaded question. Like "do you think you deserve more ice time?"

If he says no, he admits he sucks. If he says yes, he's not happy with how little he's playing.

These reporters are trained to ask questions like this. Every once in a while, an athlete slips up and doesn't give a politically correct answer.

Just Win

Nov 3, 2008
Stuttgart
I can't read Yurop but I'm willing to bet the reporter asked him a loaded question. Like "do you think you deserve more ice time?"

If he says no, he admits he sucks. If he says yes, he's not happy with how little he's playing.

These reporters are trained to ask questions like this. Every once in a while, an athlete slips up and doesn't give a politically correct answer.

One of his quotes is:"Sometimes, says Brunner, i think they don't know here, what i can do."

Might as well say, the coaches are morons.

Last edited:

OOOOIIIO

Binary
Jul 25, 2010
Nashua, NH
One of his quotes is:"Sometimes, says Brunner, they don't know here, what i can do."

Might as well say, the coaches are morons.

Lol, what human talks like that? You should probably get a real translation of that quote before you just to conclusions there.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF

:nod:

^gets it

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad