Damien Brunner

MountainGoat

-3 tonight, didn't even notice him or hear his name called once

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
this was his weakest game for sure. Still loving his game overall though.

Outside of the Elias line it was weak for everyone so not reading to much into as far as Brunner goes.

Definitely a pleasant surprise. He is showing great vision, not only shooting, but he is creating chances for others too. He has had some very nice passes too. I am a fan so far.

Richer's Ghost

Bourbonite
Apr 19, 2007
photoshop labor camp somewhere in MN
I talked about him with a Detroit fan last night and he said he really wanted Brunner to sign but the asking price was too much originally and they moved on. Said he also loves his shot and no hesitance to use it but cautioned he tends to get laid out too much and was worried he was going to get hurt not avoiding big hits. He asked if he's been getting laid out much with us and I couldn't recall and big highlight hits so no.

Said we got him for a steal of a price.

BinCookin

Feb 15, 2012
London, ON

Not guaranteeing anything, we all know hockey, but watch out for a year worth more than 2.5 mio !!

In my view, the Red Wings missed something.

Red Wings Fan Book on Brunner , I watched probably 25 games last year:

Brunner is:

1) Pretty fast
2) has some dangle skills (See shootout goals)
3) Is primarily a shoot first player (goal scorer)
4) Was adapting to NHL ice size well
5) Questionable defensively, willingness to backcheck was there, but maybe just bad positioning sometimes.
6) Was used inappropriately as a point man during power plays, he has poor slap shots. Should be playing the stamkos/ovechkin position.
7) He has alot of drive, enthusiasm. This is always a plus.

We really wanted to resign this guy.
Our board is pretty upset about losing him. We wanted him more than filppula.
He priced himself out of town, then we signed players, then signed for way less than we thought ;(

Basically Some of our fans think he is going to be a solid 20-30 goal scorer. If he improves his defensive game, my god have we missed out on a quality player.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Red Wings Fan Book on Brunner , I watched probably 25 games last year:

Brunner is:

1) Pretty fast
2) has some dangle skills (See shootout goals)
3) Is primarily a shoot first player (goal scorer)
4) Was adapting to NHL ice size well
5) Questionable defensively, willingness to backcheck was there, but maybe just bad positioning sometimes.
6) Was used inappropriately as a point man during power plays, he has poor slap shots. Should be playing the stamkos/ovechkin position.
7) He has alot of drive, enthusiasm. This is always a plus.

We really wanted to resign this guy.
Our board is pretty upset about losing him. We wanted him more than filppula.
He priced himself out of town, then we signed players, then signed for way less than we thought ;(

Basically Some of our fans think he is going to be a solid 20-30 goal scorer. If he improves his defensive game, my god have we missed out on a quality player.

Well from our small sample size we definitely can see that he has speed (seen him come flying into a play wondering where he came from often). I definitely see some of the dangle skills, but so far as not translated into any shoot out goals (much to our chagrin at this point since we have two shootout loses already).

Definitely a shoot first player as advertised, but I've been pleasantly surprised with some quick play making ability. He has made more then a few nifty passes that lead to good chances in front. He has some good hockey sense and vision.

He definitely isn't anything special defensively, but I haven't see anything terrible to go against him in this department. He definitely shows willingness to backcheck. I definitely would not call him a liability or anything.

We don't use him at the point, at least not right now and hopefully it stays that way.

Definitely see the drive and enthusiasm. He is always hustling trying to make something happen from what I've seen so far. Like that a lot.

PWiz30

I love to hockey!
Jan 3, 2013
Taping up my Langenbrunner shirt as we speak :laugh:

Haha, I still throw some tape on over the name on my merc shirt and wear it from time to time. Maybe I'll start putting some on the bottom of the 7 to make it a 2.

brule2000

Jan 9, 2006
Red Wings fan here.

Our board was pretty upset generally that we did not resign Damien Brunner.

He also seemed to be asking for too much money, and then later had to settle for less.

I wish we had signed him for what you got him for.

How has he played for you so far (I know he has 4 pts, but how has he looked)

I notice he is being used properly on the powerplay, we used him on the point... we really are starting to question our own coach's sanity.

I think you'll do just fine with Alfredsson and Weiss.:)
The ways of coaches are beyond us all. There's currently a sizable minority of Devils fans whose one obsession in life is agitating for the disposal of Pete deBoer in the vain hope that they'll be able to understand what his successor does with the team. Some of them are so anxious to get the incumbent out they don't appear to care who would replace him.:shakehead

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
I think you'll do just fine with Alfredsson and Weiss.:)
The ways of coaches are beyond us all. There's currently a sizable minority of Devils fans whose one obsession in life is agitating for the disposal of Pete deBoer in the vain hope that they'll be able to understand what his successor does with the team. Some of them are so anxious to get the incumbent out they don't appear to care who would replace him.:shakehead

because if we're going to lose I'd rather do it with our young guys playing and gaining experience

how could it be any worse?

Pete has won 9 of the last ~41 games (non SO). that sucks

Richer's Ghost

Bourbonite
Apr 19, 2007
photoshop labor camp somewhere in MN
Yeah he seemed to be clicking when nobody else was early then once others finally got it going he has dropped off severely. Then he got benched a few times for poor play backchecking in his own zone that led to goals but seems to have fixed that somewhat. Now it's horrible penalties - lazy trips and hooks mostly.

Hope he turns it around - we need shooters.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
Brunner is still exactly as advertised. Doesnt do much till he does something. If he cleans up the penalties its all good

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->