GDT: Dallas Stars at Toronto Maple Leafs 7PM SNO

Status
Not open for further replies.

tom leafers

Jan 25, 2017
Toronto
I will add, for some reason (no idea what that reason is) the team, seems to play better in front of Andy than they do whatever backup we start.

I agree.
It looked like they started to play that way with soupy.

When the team has confidence their goalie will bail them out, they have more freedom to create offense

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Im okay giving Campbell some rest. dude has played 3 games in 5 nights since getting traded.

Freddy should be raring to go anyway. im expecting a great game from him tonight.

Boy I sure hope so. A big game from him would help make me feel really good about our prospects in the near future.

Reactions: TML Dynasty and kb

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
If he's ready, you have to get Andersen back in the groove.

He'll get his shot to get back in the groove. Good chance for him to rest up and take advantage of the extra days off.

Campbell was drafted by the Stars and just earned a first star. I think giving him an extra start while he's hot is in order.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
He'll get his shot to get back in the groove. Good chance for him to rest up and take advantage of the extra days off.

Campbell was drafted by the Stars and just earned a first star. I think giving him an extra start while he's hot is in order.
3 starts in 5 days including a back to back...i wouldn't be mad if he started tonight, but i understand why he isn't.

Reactions: kb

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013

Campbell needs the rest more than Freddie at this point. He's been good but Freddie is still the man, if he's 100% ready it's a no-brainer IMO. Campbell will play again this weekend.

Reactions: JT AM da real deal

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
I'd start Campbell tonight, Andersen backing up and then Hutchinson going on waivers.

With that said, sounds like Andersen will start tonight.
Not happening gladly. Our number one goalie should always play if ready to go. Number twos is number twos and always stays there and that way. We need campbell again when the time is right sire. He played aaight for these three games, glad we got some points out of those also. :clap: Clappin real hard out here.

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
C
Campbell needs the rest more than Freddie at this point. He's been good but Freddie is still the man, if he's 100% ready it's a no-brainer IMO. Campbell will play again this weekend.
Campbell gon play again against the sabres or the senators sire. You got it there sire. Lets see if he gets us even more points cause we needs them hard.

Brown Dog

Jun 23, 2007
3bMB.gif

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
No worries, Nick's brother will light us up.
TIL Nick has an older brother who is also a pretty good prospect. 20 goals in 49 games as an AHL rookie, not bad at all. He's also way bigger than Nick, 6'2 and 200+ lbs.

Reactions: kb

kb

Aug 28, 2009
TIL Nick has an older brother who is also a pretty good prospect. 20 goals in 49 games as an AHL rookie, not bad at all. He's also way bigger than Nick, 6'2 and 200+ lbs.
Yep, he won the OHL scoring title last year too.

MapleLeafs77

Oct 20, 2017
Very weird how keefe is experimenting with our season in jeopardy.

I am okay with it but if it doesnt work after the 1st then go back to the regular lines.

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
I've been a big fan of Keefe's experimentation with the lineup, but if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Nylander and Hyman need to swap lines, and Dermott and Barrie should be split up in my opinion.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
If Andersen is healthy I'm playing Andersen. I know it's not a priority but if we make the playoffs it would be nice to keep Campbell under 6 wins so that 3rd doesn't turn into a 2nd. I'm not playing giving him extra chances just to play him against the team that drafted him for sentimental reasons especially when he's played a lot lately. He'll start the games we need him to. If that gets him to 6 wins then so be it. This isn't one of those games.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
Nylander needs to go back with Tavares.
My guy says that too but Keefe clearly has a good feeling/insight. The guy interviews and dialogues with his players basically daily. Maybe Willy wants to try it. But we can all be sure if it is a dud again in the 1st period and Tavares' line is not lighting it up then he will make the necessary changes. This is what I really like about Keefe. He does not force things. He goes with what works and what gets wins. But to me between the 3 kids they all like to skate/play with the puck and seems like Mitch gets the short straw at least it looked that way to me in their first game together.

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
I don't understand people being upset for trying new things that could be hugely beneficial for the team, when stubbornness and unwillingness to adapt were the biggest complaints about Babcock, by far.

Nylander is a player that seems to thrive off of trust and increased responsibility, and he's been great lately. I like Nylander with Tavares too, but I don't see any reason not to give this a real chance. We have to know what different options look like for different situations in the playoffs.

thusk

Jul 15, 2011
Chicoutimi
I will add, for some reason (no idea what that reason is) the team, seems to play better in front of Andy than they do whatever backup we start.

Andersen giving confidence

Hutchinson giving headaches

Campbell : needed to get confidence of his teammate

So the answer is : CONFIDENCE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad