GDT: Dallas Stars at Toronto Maple Leafs 7PM SNO

Status
Not open for further replies.

29Potvin

Jan 27, 2012
London Ontario
Campbell needs the rest more than Freddie at this point. He's been good but Freddie is still the man, if he's 100% ready it's a no-brainer IMO. Campbell will play again this weekend.

We have 6 games in the next 10 days. I would give Freddy tonight and Saturday night, Campbell the Sabers and roll Freddy for the Pens

kb

Aug 28, 2009
If Andersen is healthy I'm playing Andersen. I know it's not a priority but if we make the playoffs it would be nice to keep Campbell under 6 wins so that 3rd doesn't turn into a 2nd. I'm not playing giving him extra chances just to play him against the team that drafted him for sentimental reasons especially when he's played a lot lately. He'll start the games we need him to. If that gets him to 6 wins then so be it. This isn't one of those games.
If he gets to 6 wins, then you move ahead and sign Clifford.

Reactions: Saint Blue

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Very weird how keefe is experimenting with our season in jeopardy.

I am okay with it but if it doesnt work after the 1st then go back to the regular lines.

So the lines that have gotten the Leafs to the point of putting the season in jeopardy shouldn't be experimented with?

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
If he gets to 6 wins, then you move ahead and sign Clifford.

Depends what Clifford wants TBH. 4th liners should not be making a ton of money, and right now Clifford is not a difference maker.

Clifford would need to take a discount if he wants to stay here. Otherwise, we have Korshkov, Gauthier, Timashov, Spezza and Brooks as internal options for next year, and all will be making under 1 mill each.

Reactions: ToneDog

PuckMagi

Apr 13, 2013
Toronto
I actually really like these lines. This is what I would be trying out if I was Keefe.

I've been wanting to see the holy trinity together for years!

MapleLeafs77

Oct 20, 2017
So the lines that have gotten the Leafs to the point of putting the season in jeopardy shouldn't be experimented with?
Ummmmm do you remember babcock? Babcock is what got us into this situation. He also had different lines.

The top two lines have been great since being put together and have made us one of the best teams in nhl since.

Reactions: supermann_98

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
I don't mind it. If they aren't working, I trust Keefe to back to the old lines. With Nylander and Tavares both probably not at 100%, it's not a bad time to try it.

Last edited:

kb

Aug 28, 2009
Depends what Clifford wants TBH. 4th liners should not be making a ton of money, and right now Clifford is not a difference maker.

Clifford would need to take a discount if he wants to stay here. Otherwise, we have Korshkov, Gauthier, Timashov, Spezza and Brooks as internal options for next year, and all will be making under 1 mill each.
Agreed, if he's looking for any sort of significant raise, you pass. But his play over the remainder of the season will dictate whether or not there is interest in signing him. He does offer that ability to keep the flies away, and I don't think it's any coincidence that the Leafs have not been taking the amount of abuse they were prior to his arrival (small sample size alert).

Once

Stop ******* crying bro
Jul 16, 2010
Have to give credit to Campbell for holding the fort. 5/6 points is not too shabby. I'd argue he let in ~ 2 softies, otherwise solid.

Hope Freddy is rested, going to need the Vezina version for the final stretch.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Agreed, if he's looking for any sort of significant raise, you pass. But his play over the remainder of the season will dictate whether or not there is interest in signing him. He does offer that ability to keep the flies away, and I don't think it's any coincidence that the Leafs have not been taking the amount of abuse they were prior to his arrival (small sample size alert).

The only thing I liked out of Clifford thus far was his commitment and that he has done pretty well defensively (so the main reasons why I think Dubas brought him in the first place) . He works really hard and plays at 100% all of the time. But he's taken some bad penalties and I do not think he's making much of a difference physically (so far). Hopefully he is more of a difference maker down the stretch and in the playoffs when it comes to being able to use his body.

Reactions: kb
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad