NESN Dallas News - Jack Edwards calls Stars Roman Polak’s collision into boards ‘bad hockey karma'

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I would love to know Mr. Polak’s intentions were with his hands on the numbers going into the corner at full speed
probably no different than what he's been doing his entire career

If this was McAvoy, Seth Jones, Brodin, Keith I believe that Wagner doesn't swerve- he knew who it was.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
I gotta say, I don't think Jack was wrong.

Polak had his stick across Wagner's hips and was pushing him face first into the boards. That's a dangerous play. Players have been suspended for that play. Wagner spinning off the push is what made Polak fall head first into the boards. i.e. If Polak wasn't trying to do a bad thing, then a bad thing wouldn't have happened to him. That's karma folks.

As for Allan Walsh, the truth hurts.

BlackFrancis

Athletic Supporter Patch Partner
Dec 14, 2013
Jack is really good at making things about Jack.

It's sort of funny. Whenever he tries to be the show - the Whale thing, Revolution, etc - it just comes off as cringey and embarrassing. He only gets people to lose their minds when he's off the cuff.

can we get a real announcer now

I'm not going back to Ned Flanders or Dave Shea.

Never again.

Reactions: BMC

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
I think it was 2 players going hard into the boards playing the the puck if they both stayed on their trajectories it wouldn't have resulted in much. I think if you slow it down you'll see the last second turn by Wagner put both players off balance. I don't think he was trying to injure Wagner, just an accident IMO.

You give Polak waaaaaaaaaaay too much credit.

He has his arms/stick by the middle to bottom part of the number near the goal line. Pretty obvious what his intention is on that play.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007

Polak had his stick across Wagner's hips and was pushing him face first into the boards. That's a dangerous play. Players have been suspended for that play. Wagner spinning off the push is what made Polak fall head first into the boards. i.e. If Polak wasn't trying to do a bad thing, then a bad thing wouldn't have happened to him. That's karma folks.

His statement wasn’t incorrect at all. I won’t argue that. Polak wrecked because of a horrible decision to wreck Wagner. I still don’t think Jack needed to phrase it the way he did. I’m not all up in arms about it like a lot of folks, but it was a pretty poor word choice on his part.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I would love to know Mr. Polak’s intentions were with his hands on the numbers going into the corner at full speed
exactly, horrible ending to a play but what the he** is he doing? I know this is a play many of us who have been around this game for a long time used to see constantly, no regard for the player who has their back completely to the play but Polak is clearly trying to hit Wags in the lower back, literally a few feet from the boards, absolutely stupid.

Again, never want to see an injury occur but once I watched that replay on NESN after seeing it in real time it confirmed what I thought, he went for a cross check to the lower back as Wags himself was falling awkwardly into the boards which itself could have been much worse

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
It was a dumb thing for Jack to say, honestly. He did change his tune after Polak was hurt, though.

But yeah, dumb.

bb74

Thanks for Everything Bill
Sep 24, 2003
Cuttyhunk
100% understand the off the cuff karma comment. Polak was riding him into the boards on the numbers and Wagner would have been crushed on the dasher had Polak not fallen forward. Totally cheap play by Polak that bit him. Hopefully he learns after a full and speedy recovery. All the noise on this is a joke in my opinion and doesn't deserve the paper it's written on.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003

I'm probably among Jack's biggest detractors, but I agree entirely.

Reactions: JOKER 192 and BMC

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad