NESN Dallas News - Jack Edwards calls Stars Roman Polak’s collision into boards ‘bad hockey karma'

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
My gosh- This NESN logo with the backwards S and E is throwing my eyeballs in a loop

Reactions: Strafer

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
Yes I do. I am questioning why you find it absurd.

You think Polak was trying to reach out and stop Wagner from going face first into the boards? :laugh:

There is a Mariana Trench-level gap between "Trying to kill someone from behind" and "trying to reach out and stop him from hitting the boards.:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:"

The fact that you immediately jump to trying to paint my stance as the comedic opposite end is pathetic, telling, and about as absurd as your first take on the subject.

The board deserves better.

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA
There is a Mariana Trench-level gap between "Trying to kill someone from behind" and "trying to reach out and stop him from hitting the boards.:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:"

The fact that you immediately jump to trying to paint my stance as the comedic opposite end is pathetic, telling, and about as absurd as your first take on the subject.

Meanwhile you provided nothing on the subject of this thread.

Christ...

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
I hope Polak is ok but I don’t think Jack was wrong in what he said and he obviously stopped right away once he saw how serious it was.

Polak is constantly trying to make hits like this and misjudged the situation, hesitated and fell. I don’t think he realized Wags is a bit faster than he though and that he was able to get out of the way.

The manufactured outrage on Twitter is predictable and eye rolling

Twitter is literally the source of all evil in today’s society.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
looked like it would have been a nothing play if the Bruin player didnt trip and lose his balance. Dangerous game at high speed

Going to disagree with you a bit (about it being a nothing play).

It could have been a bad play the other way if Wags hadn’t spun off the short crosscheck from Polak on a player with his numbers to him about 5 feet front the boards.

I’m not a fan of Edwards, but he and Brick weren’t wrong, and neither of them knew Polak was hurt that badly at the time they said it. Zero problem with what Brick said, Jack probably could have worded it a little better, but it’s Jack.

Reactions: Donnie Shulzhoffer

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Twitter is literally the source of all evil in today’s society.
Yesterday I disabled my twitter

I went to read Gammons on Mookie Betts and it was all his dislike for a non sports related individual

Twitter is a viscous place at times and an eye opener to me - Lou warned me :laugh:

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002

It could have been a bad play the other way if Wags hadn’t spun off the short crosscheck from Polak on a player with his numbers to him about 5 feet front the boards.

I’m not a fan of Edwards, but he and Brick weren’t wrong, and neither of them knew Polak was hurt that badly at the time they said it. Zero problem with what Brick said, Jack probably could have worded it a little better, but it’s Jack.
100 % agree

The uproar is a bunch of sensitive candy asses - 80% with agendas

Polak lives by the dirty hit and he got hurt by it

As simple as that

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Just don't use a figure of speech like I did. I am currently getting my board status reviewed because of it.
I probably already do

My phone was charging in another room so I wasn’t on HF, had disabled my Twitter yesterday so wasn’t on that - otherwise I probably post or tweet

My immediate reaction was ‘that’s what you get you f***ing prick’

However, I didn’t realize the severity

Reactions: Strafer

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA
I probably already do

My phone was charging in another room so I wasn’t on HF, had disabled my Twitter yesterday so wasn’t on that - otherwise I probably post or tweet

My immediate reaction was ‘that’s what you get you ****ing prick’

However, I didn’t realize the severity

Infractions are coming.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida

I think it was 2 players going hard into the boards playing the the puck if they both stayed on their trajectories it wouldn't have resulted in much. I think if you slow it down you'll see the last second turn by Wagner put both players off balance. I don't think he was trying to injure Wagner, just an accident IMO.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad