Post-Game Talk: Dallas Cowboys vs Washington Redskins 7PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
I like Reirdon but it's crazy how every coach in every sport has their favorite player and they can never see what an average knowledgeable fan can when it comes to said player.

If Stephenson is healthy he will play.

I could be wrong but I think maybe they could be a nice shutdown pair for a game or two if deployed correctly.

I chalk it up as the average knowledgeable fan only gets one view of the situation and the important viewpoint isn’t always apparent.

There’s no accounting for anything intangible and behind the scenes that we’re not privy to.

This is a huge non-issue IMO. Long season. 18 has plenty of time to play himself to the bench.

Reactions: Calicaps

Silky mitts

It’s yours boys and girls and babes let’s go!
Mar 9, 2004
Slightly OT, but did anyone go on Saturday, and if so, how did the new video board look? Too big? Just right? Neither here nor there?
I liked it, biggest adjustment is when you glance up to look at the penalty time remaining. It's got faceoff % up there so when someone is bitching about faceoffs I can say they're winning 48% it isn't impacting the game. The screens being inside the bottom circle part is very cool.

Reactions: Marshall

twabby

Mar 9, 2010

I get that it's a 4th line decision and ultimately means little but when I think Chandler Stephenson I don't think of driving offense.

Reactions: JohnCarlsaurus

Bananas

Sponsor
Mar 26, 2007
Dowd sucks imo. Not a popular opinion but I much prefer Stephenson. At least he’s shown that he can contribute something valuable when it matters.

AtNightWeFly

You better run.
Jun 1, 2014
Upstate NY
Sticking Kuz with 2 guys that can't score. Brilliant idea!

And Chandler has naked pictures of someone in the office. I'm sure of it now. :nod:

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016

I get that it's a 4th line decision and ultimately means little but when I think Chandler Stephenson I don't think of driving offense.

Reirden is playing favourites. Period. Dowd is at least as good at faceoffs as Stephenson. 3 games are a joke of a sample size and Reirden knows it. Dowd won 51,9% of all faceoffs last season, 245 in total. 48 and 53,9% on the PK. He also has by far the most defensive zone starts where faceoffs are tougher to win.

You would have to be a grade a moron to sit Dowd based on faceoff numbers. Reirden just couldn't think of a better reason to play his lover boy over Dowd. Stephenson's faceoff numbers aren't sustainable, so I'm really curious if Reirden manages to come up with some other reasons to play Stephenson.

Might be on the GM to help Reirden out by taking his favourite toy away.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Sticking Kuz with 2 guys that can't score. Brilliant idea!

And Chandler has naked pictures of someone in the office. I'm sure of it now. :nod:

Kuznetsov better not complain after not only abusing drugs but also lying about it. His preseason games were major stinkers, too. He's not in the position to demand anything but has a lot to make up and prove. Eller played well in his spot. If Kuznetsov wants it back, he has to earn it. Seems fair enough to me.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
I like Reirdon but it's crazy how every coach in every sport has their favorite player and they can never see what an average knowledgeable fan can when it comes to said player.

If Stephenson is healthy he will play.

I could be wrong but I think maybe they could be a nice shutdown pair for a game or two if deployed correctly.

Did you ever see Gudas playing LD? I don't think he did it before...not at NHL level. I like Lewington but to move Gudas to his offside where he has zero experience just to play Lewington is an idiot move. I'll be the first to praise Reirden if it goes well but I don't see how it could work. Put Kempny on LTIR or waive friggin Stephenson to be able to ice proper d-pairs for goodness sake.

AtNightWeFly

You better run.
Jun 1, 2014
Upstate NY
Kuznetsov better not complain after not only abusing drugs but also lying about it. His preseason games were major stinkers, too. He's not in the position to demand anything but has a lot to make up and prove. Eller played well in his spot. If Kuznetsov wants it back, he has to earn it. Seems fair enough to me.

Oh please. [Mod] He wasn't even arrested or anything. And if they feel like this, they may as well just trade him! Its like people forgot he won them a cup just a year and a half ago with a legendary performance.

Last edited by a moderator:

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Oh please. [Mod] He wasn't even arrested or anything. And if they feel like this, they may as well just trade him! Its like people forgot he won them a cup just a year and a half ago with a legendary performance.

given that Kuzy will probably be right back at 2c soon enough....

you think it sends a great message to the team to gift him it immediately when Eller has played well? I don’t.

Reactions: Hinterland

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016

I doubt that. And even if, they surely wouldn't lie about it and double up with a lackluster camp like he did just to show everybody that he doesn't give a shit. I like him as a player but his attitude and behaviour is questionable to say the least. You surely don't want your numerous european prospects to look up to the guy. Terrible role model.

Somebody took his spot and did well. Kuznetsov's problem, not the Cap's.

AtNightWeFly

You better run.
Jun 1, 2014
Upstate NY
given that Kuzy will probably be right back at 2c soon enough....

you think it sends a great message to the team to gift him it immediately when Eller has played well? I don’t.

Eller? What about 19 skating in mud on this first line? Why does everyone always ignore him? :madfire:

Anyway, I just realized they're playing the Stars. This is a scheduled loss. Caps win once in 20 years vs them.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Eller? What about 19 skating in mud on this first line? Why does everyone always ignore him? :madfire:

Anyway, I just realized they're playing the Stars. This is a scheduled loss. Caps win once in 20 years vs them.

Got it, forget 2c, promote him even higher to ruffle the room. Hard pass.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
What message? Everyone knows everyone on that team. Don't need to send anything. If this happened with Backstrom or Eller, they would get back to their position pretty fast as should Kuzy.

Pretty fast I’m fine with. Knowing someone has zero impact on the decision to play him at 3c to start tonight.

I acknowledge that he’ll be back in his right spot soon enough, but he doesn’t deserve to be gifted it tonight over guys playing well and who have shown they’re fully committed.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
If it wins them the game? Sure! They're not little kids but professionals. If 3rd line Kuz works? Fine too. The double standards amuse me, that's all.

Zero double standard. When the next Capital gets busted on video with Coke, then tests positive, he should be treated no differently.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad