Post-Game Talk: Dallas Cowboys vs Washington Redskins 7PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Youngblood29

Jul 3, 2018
Hi,

Avs fan would like to ask about your (positive) goalie situation.
Hopefully this thread is okey for that.

Because I was thinking, will Samsonov get the start tonight and then both goalies would have had 2 starts or are Caps most likely going tonight and the future with Holtby and Samsonov gets game every now and then.

Really interesting,
Holtby won the cup, has 1 year left..
That is why I wanted to ask, will Holtby go 50/50 with ”new comer” in this season or is he still legit #1 and will play 60games no matter what?

Thanks.

chilimac

Nov 4, 2009
kent island
Id like to see a 'nice' game from Ovi tonight. And, to see what Kuz brings to the table of course. Those are my 'wants' for tonights game.

peterthegreat12

Hopeless Caps fan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Jan 22, 2011
Washington DC
EntireVeneratedBeaver-max-1mb.gif

Silky mitts

It’s yours boys and girls and babes let’s go!
Mar 9, 2004
Hi,

Because I was thinking, will Samsonov get the start tonight and then both goalies would have had 2 starts or are Caps most likely going tonight and the future with Holtby and Samsonov gets game every now and then.

Really interesting,
That is why I wanted to ask, will Holtby go 50/50 with ”new comer” in this season or is he still legit #1 and will play 60games no matter what?

Thanks.
I bet Holtby plays around 53 games

Reactions: Midnight Judges

Capathetic

May 26, 2011
The kid def deserves a few more starts after his performance but Holtby has be as good as I’ve ever seen him this year.

twabby

Mar 9, 2010

I like having Kuznetsov start on the third line.

I really hate the decision to have Stephenson in the lineup over Dowd considering how good the 4th line has been so far and how bad Stephenson has been since the start of the 2018-19 season.

Edit:

So it looks like there is some doubt on who the 4C will be tonight.

Reactions: Silky mitts

Midnight Judges

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010
Hi,

Really interesting,

Thanks.

That would be disrespectful to Holtby IMO.

Holtby will get his normal load. Samsonov will get the leftovers.

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
Am I missing something?

Practice warrior

EDIT: In all seriousness I don't mind Stephenson in at home against Dallas if Dowd gets the start on the road at Nashville.

I'm guessing the two are going to be rotating in and out from here on out.

Midnight Judges

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010

I like having Kuznetsov start on the third line.

I really hate the decision to have Stephenson in the lineup over Dowd considering how good the 4th line has been so far and how bad Stephenson has been since the start of the 2018-19 season.

Edit:

So it looks like there is some doubt on who the 4C will be tonight.

Those are the lines I suggested the other day, except I like Dowd as the 4C.

I think all the lines have a nice balance of defense, goal scoring, passing, physicality, and speed.

I'm hoping Hagelin and Panik can cover defensively for Kuzy and let him cheat a little bit. Having Kuzy cover defense so Hags can get breakaways would be super dumb.

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
I think you are, yes--a bit of last season's impression of him seeping in. He's been very noticeable to me so far this season, particularly on the forecheck. His ability to play on the PK also gives him a leg up on Dowd.

They had nearly identical PK TOI and results last year in the same number of games and Dowd has the most PK TOI this season and hasn't conceded a goal on the PK this season. Don't really think that is the issue. And while I wouldn't put all of the blame for the third line's disappointing start this year he also hasn't really shown me anything to suggest he has done his part on that line either.

I just don't get it. Especially with the 4th line rolling right now with Dowd as the center. The rest of the lines look fine, just a little perplexed that Stephenson is continually thought of so highly despite dreadful results except for one decent postseason run.

Edit:

This just makes the decision seem worse.

Reactions: Hinterland

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
I like Reirdon but it's crazy how every coach in every sport has their favorite player and they can never see what an average knowledgeable fan can when it comes to said player.

If Stephenson is healthy he will play.

Ugly looking 3rd pairing. Gudas on his offside paired with another defender that isn’t exactly an adept skater or known for his ability to move to e pick out. Could be a liability.

I could be wrong but I think maybe they could be a nice shutdown pair for a game or two if deployed correctly.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Ignoring the actual analysis of Stephenson's play so far, think back to prior seasons. At this point in 2017, all of Tyson Graovac, Taylor Chorney, and Aaron Ness were in the active line-up. Last year Dmitrij Jaskin was in the line-up and DSP was getting shifts on the 3rd line. I'm not going to freak out about who's getting a jersey this early in the season.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
I could be wrong but I think maybe they could be a nice shutdown pair for a game or two if deployed correctly.
Hopefully they do, but I'm skeptical based on Gudas' time in Philly. Reminds me too much of the Manning-Gudas pairing, and now Gudas is even on his off-side. They should be stout positionally, but I expect them to struggle at getting the puck out of their zone.

Midnight Judges

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010
I like Reirdon but it's crazy how every coach in every sport has their favorite player and they can never see what an average knowledgeable fan can when it comes to said player.

Haha yeah remember Philip Daniels and Warrick Holdman aka highway 57?

itsjustsurvival

These are my last, last words
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2006
richmond, virginia.
How much has Dowd really contributed to the success of the fourth line? Seems like Leipsic and Hathaway have been driving that line. I don't love Stephenson, but I am curious to see how tonight goes. Could work out pretty well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad