Post-Game Talk: Dallas 6, Canucks 3. Part II.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobbyJazzLegs

Sorry 4 Acting Werd
Oct 15, 2013
Burrows, Bieksa and Tanev with the big mistakes. Ergh.

Not too upset about this game. We can beat Dallas.

arsmaster*

Still, there is no need for tanking and it is (most apparently) no sure-fire solution either. And yes trying to equate having a couple of seasons picking high to automatically lead to the Oilers route is just plain silly. Tell me when you see such a post and I will deal with it.

Inducing a culture of losing as a mean to gain success is... folly.

The culture is here already. This team has been melting down in epic ways long before our stretch run. It used to get blamed on the goalie we traded last year.

If Willie can keep them playing hard, I don't see why selling would be a problem. Having seen us play 2 good teams and look absolutely like the worse team in both occassions, I think it would be terrible to add to this roster.

I'd rather take my lumps with the kids, hope they learn something at the NHL level and become better for it.

Even if this team is within 6-7 points of a playoff spot come the new year, you still sell. This pig don't need no lipstick.

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
It's mind boggling a relatively recent Predsident Trophy winning D can look so scrambled...
I hope it tightens up a little sooner than later.

There were a few positives to take away...

At least we aren't sitting on this game for 6 days before the next one.

Just A Bit Outside

Playoffs??!
Mar 6, 2010
This game is exactly how I expected (and expect) the Canucks season to go.

Play hard, play more entertaining hockey but ultimately lose out to more talented teams.

The defense is older while also still learning Willie's system.

If people are losing their **** over this game it's going to be a looong season.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
This game is exactly how I expected (and expect) the Canucks season to go.

Play hard, play more entertaining hockey but ultimately lose out to more talented teams.

The defense is older while also still learning Willie's system.

If people are losing their **** over this game it's going to be a looong season.

This whole season has gone as I'd expect. Beat up in the poor Alberta teams, lose to the good teams.

Jack Tripper

Vey Falls Down
Dec 15, 2009
Perth, WA
I agree that we had bad luck, but regardless Dallas was pushing the pace against us until it hit 5-0. They then began to sit back a bit. I don't think we necessarily played bad though, but Dallas was undoubtedly better. Our defense is a mess.

agree with this post, i dont really care what happened in the game when it gets as absurd as a 5-0 score

oilers had a similar game recently where many on the board mocked eakins for comments regarding how hard the oilers played after the score got out of hand...similar kind of score effects here

as good as it is to see the sedins dominate and the offence abandon the torts chip and chase tactics, the team is bleeding goals like a sieve 5 games into the season

ShouldveDraftedFiala

Feb 20, 2007
It's mind boggling a relatively recent Predsident Trophy winning D can look so scrambled...
I hope it tightens up a little sooner than later.

There were a few positives to take away...

At least we aren't sitting on this game for 6 days before the next one.

But wait, we were supposed to be the better team right? What happened? President Trophy winning D? LOL. Dude, you're stuck in the past, time to wake up to reality. Your optimism is clearly on the edge of being delusional.

BobbyJazzLegs

Sorry 4 Acting Werd
Oct 15, 2013
agree with this post, i dont really care what happened in the game when it gets as absurd as a 5-0 score

oilers had a similar game recently where many on the board mocked eakins for comments regarding how hard the oilers played after the score got out of hand...similar kind of score effects here

as good as it is to see the sedins dominate and the offence abandon the torts chip and chase tactics, the team is bleeding goals like a sieve 5 games into the season

Better than choking up and getting to 8 or 9 though, right?

Most goals we've conceded this season have been on big gaffes. If we can make better decisions, we'll be in much better shape.

Fat Tony

Fire Benning
Nov 28, 2011

At least from my reading of his comments, Desjardins seems to realize that.

Ryp37

Nov 6, 2011
Bonino is not instilling much confidence

The guy is a ghost out there 90% of the game and not in a good way, I have to actively search for his jersey when hes on the ice

BoHOnino

Oct 19, 2008
Vancouver
I was happy to see some "cojones" from our guys when it was 6-1. We didn't just lie down and take it, we put up some fight. That's an encouraging sign.

Scurr

Jun 25, 2009
Whalley
I'm shocked that all the new players, the new coach and the new system don't look great yet. I mean, it's been 5 games. If you can't get your **** together in 5 games, it's probably never going to happen.

BobbyJazzLegs

Sorry 4 Acting Werd
Oct 15, 2013
I'm shocked that all the new players, the new coach and the new system don't look great yet. I mean, it's been 5 games. If you can't get your **** together in 5 games, it's probably never going to happen.

It's the same reason the Sharks start hot every year. They make no changes, therefore they're comfortable from day 1. Then the league eventually catches up.

arsmaster*

Look great?

If they just didn't look great nobody would complain, they were down 5-0 after 22 minutes of hockey.

That's more than "not great yet".

Scurr

Jun 25, 2009
Whalley
I'm shocked that all the new players, the new coach and the new system don't look good yet. I mean, it's been 5 games. If you can't get your **** together in 5 games, it's probably never going to happen.

Look great?

If they just didn't look great nobody would complain, they were down 5-0 after 22 minutes of hockey.

That's more than "not great yet".

There you go. Panic away.

arsmaster*

There you go. Panic away.

Don't understand the response. Doesn't matter really.

Panic? This was pretty much expected on my end. At least they don't give up like they did on Torts last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad