Dale Weise

Brainiac

Registered Offender
Feb 17, 2013
Montreal
some real gems just on the first few pages,

Yep! I'm right there. :laugh:

My feeling at the time was that we didn't really gave Diaz a chance. Nothing against Weise, I just felt he's the guy you go after with a late pick or something. Still felt like Diaz had some upside.

Obviously, I didn't knew, like most of us, that Weise just needed a new start with better opportunities. Let's not act like his turnaround is anything short of phenomenal.

But yeah, from now on, I just assume that Bergevin and his team are really thorough when it comes to moves like these.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
I remember exactly what I said. I lamented hanging on to Diaz for so long that he wound up being traded for a guy that we could have picked up on waivers. And something about having too many fourth liners and none of them could fight.

Happy to be proven wrong!

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Yep! I'm right there. :laugh:

My feeling at the time was that we didn't really gave Diaz a chance. Nothing against Weise, I just felt he's the guy you go after with a late pick or something. Still felt like Diaz had some upside.

Obviously, I didn't knew, like most of us, that Weise just needed a new start with better opportunities. Let's not act like his turnaround is anything short of phenomenal.

But yeah, from now on, I just assume that Bergevin and his team are really thorough when it comes to moves like these.

well considering the first several pages were mostly bashing the trade it's not like you were alone. I think sometimes posters need to relax a bit more and actually given management time to see if the move works out. I remember the DSP trade thread where I say some just needed to give it more time since he was clearly struggling with the adjustment to his new team but should wait till the next season. I know it's a message board and fans are entitled to their opinion and every GM is going to make a mistake from time to time but it is kind of funny how many times I've seen this at HF where a move is made, fans instantly decry it and bash relentlessly only to be proven wrong in time. But as Homer Simpson once said, "Time makes fools of us all".

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
I remember exactly what I said. I lamented hanging on to Diaz for so long that he wound up being traded for a guy that we could have picked up on waivers. And something about having too many fourth liners and none of them could fight.

Happy to be proven wrong!

Weise can fight? :D
He should have insisted he had this one to Beaulieu. :help:

Ohashi_Jouzu*

Apr 2, 2007
Halifax
Nobody knew Weise back then.

That's not true, though. Well, it kind of is, because no one watching him from the outside could have known that he was capable of more, and that he was mostly playing frustrated, dejected, low confidence hockey because of how Tortorella apparently treated/used him. I wonder if he makes a similar turn around if dealt to a bottom-dweller that doesn't generate as much team confidence by winning.

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
That's not true, though. Well, it kind of is, because no one watching him from the outside could have known that he was capable of more, and that he was mostly playing frustrated, dejected, low confidence hockey because of how Tortorella apparently treated/used him. I wonder if he makes a similar turn around if dealt to a bottom-dweller that doesn't generate as much team confidence by winning.

Well, Tortorella treated him especially bad, but the Canuck organization also had a major "lack of toughness" insecurity problem and basically was asking him to be an enforcer rather than be a complimentary speedy bottom line forward. This was evident in Weise's two seasons with Vancouver before Torts, in which he had a lot of PIMS. With us, his totals have dropped considerably because we're not forcing him to be that fighter goon.

Bergevillain

Aug 1, 2014
London, ON
I have a feeling Dale Weise will be here longer than 2 more years. I hope at a good price too, seems like the kind of guy that will take a discount to stay with this kind of team.

Mr. Hab

Nov 17, 2004
Montreal
Nobody knew Weise back then. Plus Diaz had more points in less games played and BOUBOU and Murray were still around.

yet so many acted like they did and knew better then the GM/pro scouts.

Yup, but I already wasn't a fan of Raphael ''soft as butter'' Diaz...I never ever saw a playoff warrior dman in him...so was happy with whatever was coming back.

Took 2-3 games for me to like Weise's warrior potential (and loved his size/speed from the first game).

Still...there are Hab fans who constantly say ''Weise is nothing but a 4th liner''. Why put down our playoff warriors? I don't get it.
We need more Weise, not less.

Go Weise Go!! (major playoff warrior).

TheBlindFan

Sep 7, 2008
Yup, but I already wasn't a fan of Raphael ''soft as butter'' Diaz...I never ever saw a playoff warrior dman in him...so was happy with whatever was coming back.

Took 2-3 games for me to like Weise's warrior potential (and loved his size/speed from the first game).

Still...there are Hab fans who constantly say ''Weise is nothing but a 4th liner''. Why put down our playoff warriors? I don't get it.
We need more Weise, not less.

Go Weise Go!! (major playoff warrior).

I totally agreed, every opportunity he get he deliver!

Last he was 192rk in nhl forward making him 2-3 lines material playing low TOI.

This yes, it a joke :)

Go WWeeeiiissseee

LePoche69

Jul 15, 2004
Montreal
That's not accurate. Pitch selection also varies depending on where you hit in the lineup (players ahead/behind you in it).

Kinda true, but honestly, I think you're arguing for the sake of arguing. The difference is HUGE, and what you describe is true for every hitter, and they already know it.

Ohashi_Jouzu*

Apr 2, 2007
Halifax
Well, Tortorella treated him especially bad, but the Canuck organization also had a major "lack of toughness" insecurity problem and basically was asking him to be an enforcer rather than be a complimentary speedy bottom line forward. This was evident in Weise's two seasons with Vancouver before Torts, in which he had a lot of PIMS. With us, his totals have dropped considerably because we're not forcing him to be that fighter goon.

I would have said a scrapper/grinder (like Ryan White, or whatever), but 'tis a good point. I watched him play in Vancouver and he showed little->none of the "jump" that we see out of him when things are going well. Almost worse than "vanilla" play.

Guess that's why they say a little knowledge can be a dangerous thing. You never know how a player will react to a change in scenery, but things got better for Weise by going to a better place, obviously. Glad one of our reclamation projects is turning out, at least...

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
so gracious

501497764_slide.jpg

hardcorehabs

Feb 9, 2013
Saskatchewan
When did Dale Weise become such a *****?

Why is Weise so soft? Hasn't faught in over a year. Barely hits. No scrums.

Just because he scores a few goals and coach plays him on PP he thinks he's some all star?

Your not a top 6 Dale, play with an edge or GTFO

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad