Dale Weise

GREMLIN

Tanking enthusiast
Sep 19, 2013
Weise is going to be fired up to show Torts what kind of a player he is now.

Price is Wright

Feb 5, 2010
essex
Knowledgeable fans were pissed the moment the Gomez-McDonagh trade happened. They were right. The GM was wrong.

Knowledgeable fans were pissed the moment the Weise - Diaz trade happened. They were wrong. There are no absolutes on either side.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
If there were absolutes when it comes to player assessment, no trades would ever be won or lost.

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
Knowledgeable fans were pissed the moment the Weise - Diaz trade happened. They were wrong. There are no absolutes on either side.

Disagree......the ones who were pissed were actually not knowledgeable. I liked the trade from the start and laughed at the opinion that Diaz was a loss of any significance.

The main theme of your post is correct, nobody is right all the time and nobody is wrong all of the time despite their acumen or lack thereof.

Dominator13

Feb 20, 2003
hockey city
Dominator13
Disagree......the ones who were pissed were actually not knowledgeable. I liked the trade from the start and laughed at the opinion that Diaz was a loss of any significance.

The main theme of your post is correct, nobody is right all the time and nobody is wrong all of the time despite their acumen or lack thereof.

Disagree, all analytics went full rage on Twitter because Diaz had better possession numbers than Weise.

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC
Disagree, all analytics went full rage on Twitter because Diaz had better possession numbers than Weise.

Diaz had better everything than Weise because Weise was totally misused and miscast in Vancouver.

Which, of course, analytics can't necessarily account for. Still doesn't prevent some people from arrogantly acting like it's the gospel though, so it's nice to see them get proven horribly, irrevocably wrong sometimes.

LePoche69

Jul 15, 2004
Montreal
Diaz had better everything than Weise because Weise was totally misused and miscast in Vancouver.

Which, of course, analytics can't necessarily account for. Still doesn't prevent some people from arrogantly acting like it's the gospel though, so it's nice to see them get proven horribly, irrevocably wrong sometimes.

That's the type of thing that makes analytics a very incomplete way of looking at things. I don't "hate" analytics, but I do hate it when posters are stating that another one is wrong because analytics show that bla-bla-bla...

It is not like baseball where the Pitcher-hitter battle is isolated and always happenning the same way for every player. The hitter never depends on his centerman or leftwing, for example.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Awesome stuff in there :laugh:

some real gems just on the first few pages,

hahaha Bergevin is a moron.

Terrible trade, not a diaz fan but better off keeping him for depth then getting rid of him for a guy you could of gotten for free off waiver. Steve Begin 2.0

More grinders.... Diaz is worth more...

Wtf lol. Weise not even a good fighter...

Diaz is more valuable than Dale Weise... But I guess we want to get rid of soft defensmen for another forth liner.

Do we really need more grinders? **** this MOAR CHARACTER BS. Is this Weise really that much better than White? No. I would have preferred re-signing Diaz than dealing him for a marginal grinder.

Bergevin is an awful GM.

so we get Kostopoulos 2.0?

Habs trade 4th-best D-man for 4th-liner to further size and toughness fetish. Team getting worse again.

Good GM fleeces bad GM out of a good player. Typical story.

Not a good sign for the Habs' chances over the next few years.

The question is will Dale Weise get signed after this season ??

Can't believe a guy that has shown he's capable of top-4 duties is worth a 4th line plug...

Wow! If Diaz finds his game in Vancouver, that trade will certainly look bad for us. No matter what, Weise is not a player you actually trade for, IMO. A pick would have been better.

Then again, at this point it was also a matter of Beaulieu staying on the team and Diaz being a scratch for the rest of the year. I like the idea of giving Beaulieu NHL experience this year.

And when will Subban and Markov be signed, again?

Bergevin has no judgement

This is ugly. I see a lot of Vancouver. Weise blows. I guess that means he'll fit right in.

Dale ****ing Weise. I'm done with MB. This player is so bad OMGGGGGG. I'd prefer a 7th round pick instead of him.

Does this trade really make the team better or worse ? Bergevin is an awful GM and people are starting to realise this more and more at this juncture.

Diaz is at least a top 6 d-man. Weise is a 4h liner at best. This trade sucks.

I was not a Diaz fan, AT ALL, but I really don't get this move.

Does anyone really think our grinding lines needed help?

Is this guy really better than Leblanc? Bournival? Blunden even?

You think Eller is licking his lips cause he finally has a decent winger?

Someone explain how this makes the team better.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Happy to be left out of this one. Some of the more arrogantly worded ones are especially damning. That in itself is an argument for humble, civil discourse on this forum. Any poster can proven wrong over time.

well said. I've been here a long time and have lost my cool a few times or said stupid things more then my fair share but I never understood why some get so aggressive at discussing opinions of our favorite hockey team. I know passion and emotion can cause people to say things in the heat of things, but it's a good look back at why at times it's better to think before you hit the submit reply button.

There is still no substitute for watching games and having good judgement. Publicly available "analytics" aren't it yet.

100% agreed

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007

What bothered me wasn't the fact that we dealt Diaz for Weise (I didn't know anything about Weise) but the fact that we were going to be using Douglas Murray a lot more. THAT was what I was pissed about. Diaz for Weise? Okay, but to play Murray more was just...

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
What bothered me wasn't the fact that we dealt Diaz for Weise (I didn't know anything about Weise) but the fact that we were going to be using Douglas Murray a lot more. THAT was what I was pissed about. Diaz for Weise? Okay, but to play Murray more was just...

As awful of a hockey player as Murray was... he was an absolute monster at hitting players. When he was on the ice he scared the **** out of the opposition. I still remember that hit on Bergeron in the playoffs. After that hit, Bergeron disappeared completely. Murray was a monster that night and we won the game. Granted he was tire fire in his own end and one of the slowest players I've ever seen but he helped change our "soft" image. I enjoyed that contribution from him, but I really don't miss him as a hockey player that's for sure.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
There is still no substitute for watching games and having good judgement. Publicly available "analytics" aren't it yet.

It's becoming a lost art. (watching)
It's bad enough when most folks don't see play the same way to begin with but add in advanced stats and analytics...
forget it you'll never get at the truth.

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
That's the type of thing that makes analytics a very incomplete way of looking at things. I don't "hate" analytics, but I do hate it when posters are stating that another one is wrong because analytics show that bla-bla-bla...

It is not like baseball where the Pitcher-hitter battle is isolated and always happenning the same way for every player. The hitter never depends on his centerman or leftwing, for example.

That's not accurate. Pitch selection also varies depending on where you hit in the lineup (players ahead/behind you in it).

Last edited:

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
Nobody knew Weise back then. Plus Diaz had more points in less games played and BOUBOU and Murray were still around.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
As awful of a hockey player as Murray was... he was an absolute monster at hitting players. When he was on the ice he scared the **** out of the opposition. I still remember that hit on Bergeron in the playoffs. After that hit, Bergeron disappeared completely. Murray was a monster that night and we won the game. Granted he was tire fire in his own end and one of the slowest players I've ever seen but he helped change our "soft" image. I enjoyed that contribution from him, but I really don't miss him as a hockey player that's for sure.
I loved the big hits. He was definitely great at that. It was awesome watching players bounce off the guy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad