Dale Weise

Analyzer*

He's been a little physical. He's a bottom 6 guy and will disappear more than often.

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
I just wish Andrighetto, or even Bournival was on the Plekanec line instead of both Prust and Weise.

Bournival actually played very well last year with Plekanec and Gionta, he won't get a ton of points but he helps a lot offensively with his speed and forechecking.

CristianoRonaldo

Apr 7, 2014
In your head
I just wish Andrighetto, or even Bournival was on the Plekanec line instead of both Prust and Weise.

Bournival actually played very well last year with Plekanec and Gionta, he won't get a ton of points but he helps a lot offensively with his speed and forechecking.

At this point, even Weise is more offensive than Bournival.

FanHabtic*

Would love to see Weise troll another team, to get him going again. He seems to thrive when his life is on the line.

FanHabtic*

I hope Dutch picks it up after Xmas. Hopefully someone threatens him next year.

Mr. Hab

Nov 17, 2004
Montreal
No worries...Dale Weise can't always be Hot-Dale-Weise (or else he'd cost $4-5mil/year!). And, he's a playoff warrior (always a great option in playoffs for our top 9).

I'd take another Dale Weise for playoffs!!
(can't wait for March trade deadline to see what Bergevin adds to our top 9 forward core and top 4 D-Core).

Go Weise Go!!

Last edited:

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010

What's up the love affair with Bournival?

Don't get me wrong, I like the guy, but the 4th line is where he belongs.

Apoplectic Habs Fan

Aug 17, 2002
He is a third liner at best and will have stretches were he has a scoring touch that you can insert him on a scoring line for 3 or 4 games.

As a coach, you have to be able to read it quickly and adapt one way or the other. Ride it when you can, then 3rd line him the other 90 percent of the time.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
I think it's cool Jason Ward was reincarnated as Dale Weise.

Ward_Jason_1.jpg
4544.png

Bacchus1

Fill the net!
Sep 10, 2007
Montreal
I like Weise: fiesty and relentless. I can't believe that some people don't like him. Lucic wanted to kill him for a reason. He got under their skin, and defended out team honour/pride. This sort of action is very important. Plus, in the playoffs, he potted some very key goals from a supporting role.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
He's at his best when he plays with intensity. He's been quiet the last few games, but he isn't hurting the team which is important for those types of players when they are on a cold streak.

It didn't help that he was completely out of his element on the second line. A few fluke points with Pacioretty shouldn't be justification to put him in a role he's not suited for.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad