Dale Weise

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
He's what I was hoping from Blunden. I think he could be a 3rd liner but I don't know if he could catapult over the depth to do it. Great player. Unreal trade.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Although he is from Winnipeg, Weise grew up a Montreal fan, mainly because his father worshipped the Canadiens. So he considered the trade a dream come true.

i cant imagine how bad his father freaked out at the OT goal and that breakaway goal, wow

Tears of freakin' Joy

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
Weise has really good hands for a 4th liner, although that's not completely abnormal (even NHL "4th liners" are ridiculously good hockey players), his hands are pretty soft compared to guys like Prust or Moen.

Right now Weise is in a ideal situation that he gets to play with Danny Briere, whose body is off its prime, but still has the playmaking abilities of an all-star. He is making the most of his opportunity, burying Briere's great setups, which other stiffer 4th liners would miss.

I just hope he doesn't go crazy like Max Lapierre, another 4th liner with softish hands, and start demanding top line minutes.

Therrien is more fair to his grinders than Martin was.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
I remember seeing a flock of Habs fans running to the Canucks board to tell them how they just got a gem and that the Habs GM was a big stupid doo doo head.

Weise has 100% proven me wrong. I said at the time of the trade it could go one of two ways:

1. Diaz breaks out and it looks terrible.

or

2. Diaz remains as he was, and it's a fair trade.

Looks like I should've included a third option, as Weise has really impressed me this post season. I'd like to have him on the 4th line long term and have him as an anchor for it.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
Weise has 100% proven me wrong. I said at the time of the trade it could go one of two ways:

1. Diaz breaks out and it looks terrible.

or

2. Diaz remains as he was, and it's a fair trade.

Looks like I should've included a third option, as Weise has really impressed me this post season. I'd like to have him on the 4th line long term and have him as an anchor for it.

25 years old, 6"2 210 grew up a habs fan ? kids a KEEPER on the 4th line, hes a bigger ryan white, even tho i WANT white on his line too

Bob Cole

Tom ******* Brady
Oct 30, 2009
Great addition by bergevin.

How are Diaz advanced stats since he got traded? :sarcasm:

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
Great addition by bergevin.

How are Diaz advanced stats since he got traded? :sarcasm:

I love Weezy, but most around here forget how excellent Diaz was here when at his best.

The concussion and ill-timed pass to Lars have diminished him greatly.

I hope he can get back to his former high level of play.

grrrreg

Soft European
Jun 28, 2007
Nantes
softeuropean.wordpress.com
He's not just a Hab, he's almost a Habsburg.

6pm62b.jpg

PricePkPatch*

I swear to god, if Weise do happen to get injured tonight, your jokes will really come off as jackasseries.

Burke the Legend

Feb 22, 2012
The way Lucic is playing, I am wondering if Weise stole his mojo in the playoffs last year. He is a deflated, shell of a player.

FloJack

Lurking and liking.
Sponsor
Sep 6, 2006
Lucic is like 2 people, both aren't very intelligent but the one on the ice is worse than the one off.

The way Lucic is playing, I am wondering if Weise stole his mojo in the playoffs last year. He is a deflated, shell of a player.

He had off season surgery, I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt a few games into a season.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
I think it would send a terrible message to leave Weise out of the lineup today...

and i'm not even talking about the message you're sending to the Bruins...but to Weise and the rest of his teammates

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
I think it would send a terrible message to leave Weise out of the lineup today...

and i'm not even talking about the message you're sending to the Bruins...but to Weise and the rest of his teammates

Agreed. Leaving a healthy Weise out of this game would be a terrible decision by MT.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad