Dale Weise

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
No harm, Lucic was going to do the chest pounding thing regardless and has been easily one of the Bruins best forwards along with Bergeron this series. Weise trolled him just slightly to maybe lose a little focus be thinking about his celebration after a goal rather than focus on scoring first. Gotta say, he's impressing more and more.

Clumsyhab

Feb 22, 2004
Montreal
weise4threz.jpg

JA

I think the Canucks miss him.

Last edited by a moderator:

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
Smart a$$es dubbed him the Dutch Gretzky because of the locked year when he played in Europe & had moderate success.

Maybe we should rename him the Canadiens Gretzky.

PricePkPatch*

I have absolutely no idea how that happened lol...... But how about that Byzantium eh?

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=451544

This part is both scary and hilarious

His first taste of his new-found fame came this week when he was out for a stroll with his fiancee, with seven-month-old son Hunter in a stroller.

"This car pulled over right on the sidewalk," Weise said Wednesday. "The guy was in the driver's seat and I was on the right side.

"In the middle of the green light he's reached across and he's banging on the window and yelling. My fiancee's like 'what is this guy doing?' She's freaking out, and he's giving me the thumbs up. It was pretty outrageous."

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
I dunno, man. They're both big bottom sixers, but in terms of hands, speed, defensive awareness, I don't see the similarity.

I'd give the defensive awareness and physical tools to Moen.
His pedigree and makeup give him the edge he KNOWS how to hit.
The hands and speed are all on Weise.
The good news being the defensive awareness and ability to learn how to take the man effectively are not absent and can be improved. Hands and speed not so much. :handclap:

Burke the Legend

Feb 22, 2012
Weise has really good hands for a 4th liner, although that's not completely abnormal (even NHL "4th liners" are ridiculously good hockey players), his hands are pretty soft compared to guys like Prust or Moen.

Right now Weise is in a ideal situation that he gets to play with Danny Briere, whose body is off its prime, but still has the playmaking abilities of an all-star. He is making the most of his opportunity, burying Briere's great setups, which other stiffer 4th liners would miss.

I just hope he doesn't go crazy like Max Lapierre, another 4th liner with softish hands, and start demanding top line minutes.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
Weise has really good hands for a 4th liner, although that's not completely abnormal (even NHL "4th liners" are ridiculously good hockey players), his hands are pretty soft compared to guys like Prust or Moen.

Right now Weise is in a ideal situation that he gets to play with Danny Briere, whose body is off its prime, but still has the playmaking abilities of an all-star. He is making the most of his opportunity, burying Briere's great setups, which other stiffer 4th liners would miss.

I just hope he doesn't go crazy like Max Lapierre, another 4th liner with softish hands, and start demanding top line minutes.

This is just my hunch...

I think MB traded for Weise instead of for a pick because he thinks he can be a top 9 guy that adds offense down the road. He has a history of contributing offense in the WHL(53 GP 29-21-50 at 19) and AHL(46-42-88 in 120 GP at 21 and 22). Maybe if you play him with a guy like Eller full time and maybe Bourque on the other that you can get 15-20-35 or 12-20-32 type numbers from him along with physicality and toughness.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
This is just my hunch...

I think MB traded for Weise instead of for a pick because he thinks he can be a top 9 guy that adds offense down the road. He has a history of contributing offense in the WHL(53 GP 29-21-50 at 19) and AHL(46-42-88 in 120 GP at 21 and 22). Maybe if you play him with a guy like Eller full time and maybe Bourque on the other that you can get 15-20-35 or 12-20-32 type numbers from him along with physicality and toughness.

It may go deeper than that the more interchangable parts a team has the better.
True depth is measured by that more than having a bevy a good players.

Price is Wright

Feb 5, 2010
essex

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC
I remember seeing a flock of Habs fans running to the Canucks board to tell them how they just got a gem and that the Habs GM was a big stupid doo doo head.

True...you don't even have to go to the Canucks board to see people bashing the trade. It was bashed pretty solidly around here too.

Then again so was the Weaver trade and that has been an absolute beauty for us too.

Burke the Legend

Feb 22, 2012
This is just my hunch...

Yeah there definitely seems to be some potential that he could be slotted into a top 9 line. although it's not yet to be proven since he has just been mostly playing 7-10 sheltered minutes on the 4th (which again, has worked out great with him capitalizing on Briere's feeds). I guess the coaches felt it was too late in the season to be experimenting with giving him extra responsibility, but if he's resigned I could see it attempted next season.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
Yeah there definitely seems to be some potential that he could be slotted into a top 9 line. although it's not yet to be proven since he has just been mostly playing 7-10 sheltered minutes on the 4th (which again, has worked out great with him capitalizing on Briere's feeds). I guess the coaches felt it was too late in the season to be experimenting with giving him extra responsibility, but if he's resigned I could see it attempted next season.

I wouldn't be surprised if Moen is moved to a team out west. 4th line is a bit crowded with Prust White Moen Bourival and Weise plus I expect an enforcer to be signed as a UFA. One of Bournival Prust or Weise could be used on the 3rd line. My guess is Parros retires in large part due to concussions. Briere, I expect him to either be traded or a spot found on the 3rd line, having him on the 4th makes it harder to use as an energy line.

CanucksSayEh

Apr 6, 2012
Always liked Weise. The guy could play, when he wanted too. Had trouble staying motivated, he could crush guys, but stopped hitting after a while. At the beginning of the season, he was like Ovechkin for ten games. Gradually he faded. Had a good showing in the playoffs for us, though brief. He definitely has an extra gear, which can be very useful in the tournament. Hope he scores again tonite!

Oh, and for whatever reason, the guy dominated Nashville.. like ppg in his career vs them.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
Although he is from Winnipeg, Weise grew up a Montreal fan, mainly because his father worshipped the Canadiens. So he considered the trade a dream come true.

i cant imagine how bad his father freaked out at the OT goal and that breakaway goal, wow

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad