Dale Weise

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
What a coincidence.

Dale Weise's number retired on the same week that Jay Leno's chin is departing:

dale-weise-32-nhl.jpg
quiz819outcome2.jpg

Is Dale Weise more than just a hockey player ...

the-incredibles-1-sized.jpg

Grant McCagg

@duhduhduh
Dec 13, 2010
Even AV went back to Vancouver for the ceremony.

Yeah..and Torts, his arch enemy, was smart enough to skip it. Loved the accompanying soundtrack..was that Tiny Tim?

Gillis' speech was moving. "I suggested I would watch his remaining games, and decide for myself if I was wasting my time or not. Over those couple of games i saw some things that were obvious. He was a healthy scratch early...wasn't playing a whole lot and then some injuries occurred. And finally, I'm going to return to Sweden at the end of the season and not come back." Touching stuff.

Fazkovsky

Sep 4, 2013
Much more skilled then Travis Moen, who is useful on pk but other then that, meh.

Smokey Thompson

May 8, 2013
Good 4th line guy. Skates hard, crashes the net, and can land a couple hits per game.

Not much to talk about in the skill department, but if he keeps going to the net eventually he'll get some goals.

Analyzer*

His speed coupled with Bournival's has been huge for that 4th line to be effective. Normally, it was just Bournival getting in, losing the battle and the puck was out trapping him down low, White/Parros/ whomever in the middle and allowing an odd man attack.

sventington

Sep 18, 2013
he has been a very pleasant surprise so far. I love the chemistry he has with White. He could end up being a steal, but we have had other fast starters tail off before.

MD thaivuN

Anime Music Hipster
Aug 2, 2012
Montreal
www.youtube.com
His facial expression after every song! haha

http://video.canadiens.nhl.com/videocenter/console?id=560415&catid=66

Liking what he has brought so far, biggest knack against him seemed to be consistancy, so he isn't proven just yet.

2008 draft may have sucked, but at least we bargained for others. Nope, don't say Kristo, he hasn't made it yet, nu uh, can't hear you lalalalalalala :laugh:

edit: don't know how to embed NHL vids, my bad

Ryan White and Dale Weise looked like they've never been rickrolled before :laugh:

Blind Gardien

nexus of the crisis
Apr 2, 2004
Four Winds Bar
Too early for me to judge. So far he looks about like I expected/hoped, an adequate filler player who seems to have a good attitude. I don't think he'll ever be as good a player as Diaz, but that ship had apparently sailed, so we weren't ever going to get as good a player back, alas.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
I think Moen is definitely a better player at the moment. Weise has better speed and hands but Moen on his game can play against opposition top 6 in shutdown role.

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
I think Moen is definitely a better player at the moment. Weise has better speed and hands but Moen on his game can play against opposition top 6 in shutdown role.

I think Moen--White--Weise could be a very useful checking line going forward. Good speed, good checking and great effort.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad