Confirmed with Link: DAL trades Derek Roy to VAN for 2nd R '13/Kevin Connauton

Chaos

And the winner is...
Sep 2, 2003
TX
Yeah consider me meh on this. not a great return, but not a terrible one either. Yet another left shot defenseman added to the system.

ElGuapo

^Plethora of piñatas
Nov 30, 2010
Nomad
Blah, yet another average to small sized left shot defenseman whose weakness is his defensive game. Dude has played three full AHL seasons without a single NHL game played.

Not happy about this return at all.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
and more ....

Cody Nickolet ‏@WHLFromAbove

People can knock the Stars all they want, but they are building a nice defensive core in Dallas. That's how it's done, if you ask me.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
KConn is a garbage prospect. There's a reason Vancouver fans are so willing to get rid of him.

But at least he got traded. I won't be upset at all unless we find out someone offered a better prospect/1st.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Brian Costello ‏@bcostellothn 1m
Dallas-bound Kevin Connauton was Vancouver's No. 4 prospect in Future Watch...a solid B-list prospect very close to being NHL-ready

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Mike Heika ‏@MikeHeika 22s
I'm hearing Connauton, 23, will go to Texas Stars and not NHL right now.

DoctorDoak

Mar 21, 2006
Ontario
Watched Connauton play a bit in the WHL and he's a complete rover out there, skates well and is an amazing PPQB. Don't know that his game's translated all that well to the pros, though, where he's probably paid more for his shortcomings in his own zone. If he gets a chance at the NHL, I'd say he has a pretty good shot of being at least M-A Bergeron-lite, at least. That's a big if, though.

Starsdude

Jul 7, 2002
Visit site
Center????-So Robidas must be gone right or even daley? Morrow Oleksiak, K-conn-Nemeth Dillon -that's 5 near ready guys and no centers -man look at a depth chart newy

cmwang

Nov 4, 2011
How the **** can joe get joe morrow for b morrow, then turn around and get this return for Roy. Does he have any concept of asset management? Does he not understand he has until tomorrow to build up a solid bidding war? I mean we had to trade Roy, and I'm happy he knew that, but you have to believe he could have gotten more than that

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Corey Pronman ‏@coreypronman 1m
Dallas building top group of young D. Dillon, Oleksiak, Morrow, Connauton, Bystrom all above-avg. Chances for Vance, Nemeth and Lindell.

Dallasman

Jun 23, 2002
Edmonton,Alberta
Why are you guys surprised at the return?
Rental player who may not re-sign in Vancouver. He wasn't going to get a first and he wasn't going to get you a better prospect based on that he's a rental.
He's not Jay Bouwmeester and he's surely not a star player. Why is everyone surprised at this?

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Center????-So Robidas must be gone right or even daley? Morrow Oleksiak, K-conn-Nemeth Dillon -that's 5 near ready guys and no centers -man look at a depth chart newy
Other than Dillon, how many of those are sure-fire NHL players? Adding more is a good thing. Chances are two of Morrow, Oleksiak, K-conn, and Nemeth will not pan out. Don't be so quick to assume every young player on the farm is going to work in the NHL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad