Confirmed with Link: DAL trades Derek Roy to VAN for 2nd R '13/Kevin Connauton

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Don't even really care who the prospect is. Thank god.

Mr Misty

The Irons Are Back!
Feb 20, 2012
If it isn't one of their top 3 guys, why the heck can't we get a freaking 1st round pick. We'll wind up with 5 2nds and be left with a bunch of garbage

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
It's Connauton .... blah.

Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 53s
DAL trades Derek Roy to VAN for Kevin Connauton and a 2nd rd pick. #tradecentre

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Here's Pronman on him:

Corey Pronman ‏@coreypronman

Kevin Connauton is a quality defense prospect. I ranked him #4 in my VAN prospect rankings last summer: http://www.hockeyprospectus.com/article.php?articleid=1382

4. Kevin Connauton, Defense
2010-11 Ranking: 8th
Date of birth: 02/23/1990
Height: 6'1''
Weight: 198
Shoots: Left
Statistics: 71 GP, 13 G, 33 P (Chicago-AHL)
Acquired: Third round, 83rd overall in 2009 by Vancouver

The Good: Connauton took several steps forward last year, from a talented project into a quality prospect. He's a plus skater who one NHL source describes as "tremendous". He is very good at leading the rush and jumping up when he senses a chance to create an odd-man chance. He has skill, too, as he can move the puck at a solid level and has a cannon from the point that is accurate. An AHL All-Star this year, Connauton wasn't sheltered and played at a top level while facing off versus top players.

The Bad: Connauton's defense showed significant strides last season, and while he doesn't project as a quality defensive player, he's made enough improvement in that area where he may not have to be sheltered by his coach in the NHL.

Projection: He could be a top-four defenseman.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
More from Pronman:

Corey Pronman ‏@coreypronman 54s
Connauton struggled to start the year, but improved in mid year. Offensive defenseman whose a great skater who can move the puck and shoot.

Corey Pronman ‏@coreypronman 1m
Connauton's defense has always been and remains questionable/decent, but the value he has comes when he has the puck.

Bjorn Le

Hobocop
May 17, 2010
Martinaise, Revachol
Why didn't they just trade him for a first. Someone would have paid that. We get a second and a player who might replace Fortunus as our top AHL defensemen who's not good enough to make the NHL. Connauton is 23, never played in the NHL.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
someone tell me if I should be excited or not....I'm completely neutral right now

They probably got right down the middle.

Not great ... Not terrible. The prospect doesn't exactly fill a need though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad