Confirmed with Link: [DAL/PHI] Tyler Pitlick for Ryan Hartman

Zapp

Owner of Fellas Club
Mar 14, 2016
Jyvaskyla
That kind of thing is why buying out Nichushkin is the smart thing to do. It doesn’t save a lot of cap room, but every little bit can help late in a season.

Nill is too patient. He'll probably find a way to move Hanzal's contract first. Plus i kind of hope they keep Nuke on the roster and maybe he turns it around and picks up a few points early in the season so that someone might throw us a trade offer for him. Wasting 1st round picks and not getting value out of them is getting old fast.

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
That kind of thing is why buying out Nichushkin is the smart thing to do. It doesn’t save a lot of cap room, but every little bit can help late in a season.
It's not like Gurianov is any better than Nichushkin.

hairylikebear

///////////////
Apr 30, 2009
Houston
I know we probably didn't see Guryanov's best game in his call-up, but he looked to me clearly worse than Nichushkin in those games. Not saying Nichushkin isn't terrible or anything, but neither scored, (assgoal aside), or really contributed to the team scoring, and Nichushkin made fewer mistakes.

Magic Mittens

Nov 2, 2006
Calgary
I know we probably didn't see Guryanov's best game in his call-up, but he looked to me clearly worse than Nichushkin in those games. Not saying Nichushkin isn't terrible or anything, but neither scored, (assgoal aside), or really contributed to the team scoring, and Nichushkin made fewer mistakes.

Gury is faster and has a very good shot ( he can also elevate the puck ). Gury looked nervous at times, but he was still able to get a couple breakaways and create some nice chances with his limited time

Gury may never amount to a top 6 forward, but as of right now I'd say he has a better chance the Nuke

I wish Nuke could put it all together, and maybe he'll bounce back next year, but he just looks lifeless out there

Reactions: Kcb12345

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
Nuke, to my eye, has never looked engaged, and Lord knows he can't elevate. It seems, yet to be totally proven, that Guri took awhile to get motivated, but succeeded in doing so and will be better. IMHO, of course.

Caving to Nuke's post draft "NHL or else" demands, showed an attitude problem, which I don't see in Guri.

hairylikebear

///////////////
Apr 30, 2009
Houston
Gury is faster and has a very good shot ( he can also elevate the puck ). Gury looked nervous at times, but he was still able to get a couple breakaways and create some nice chances with his limited time

Gury may never amount to a top 6 forward, but as of right now I'd say he has a better chance the Nuke

I wish Nuke could put it all together, and maybe he'll bounce back next year, but he just looks lifeless out there

I don't disagree, I see the skills and I'm hopeful he can put it together eventually. I'm referring specifically to the results he produced on the ice in the NHL last year.

Maybe the smart money is on Guryanov improving and looking better than Nichushkin next year, but given how he looked last year I wouldn't call that an automatic.

Magic Mittens

Nov 2, 2006
Calgary
I don't disagree, I see the skills and I'm hopeful he can put it together eventually. I'm referring specifically to the results he produced on the ice in the NHL last year.

Maybe the smart money is on Guryanov improving and looking better than Nichushkin next year, but given how he looked last year I wouldn't call that an automatic.

Yeah I agree. Man I hope at least one of those two works out lol

The other way I see it, and yes it's only the AHL, but i dont see Nuke doing what Gury did down there last year

If Gury can become a top six winger, and Nuke a solid bottom six winger, I'd be very happy

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
Nuke, to my eye, has never looked engaged, and Lord knows he can't elevate. It seems, yet to be totally proven, that Guri took awhile to get motivated, but succeeded in doing so and will be better. IMHO, of course.

Caving to Nuke's post draft "NHL or else" demands, showed an attitude problem, which I don't see in Guri.
This narrative is so tired and played out, and isn't even remotely close to true.

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
With the way the cap is working out this summer we are likely going to have to try and find another internal option. Gurianov right now seems like the best option for me because he’s got speed and put up good numbers in the AHL last season. In reality the 2nd line and the 3rd line will get similar playing time just different assignments so it makes sense to use Gurianov in an offensive role.

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
Robertson is the best option internally, he actually has skill and hockey IQ, and is probably the most NHL ready prospect we have.
Felhaber likely needs a year or two.

Henderson33

Jun 4, 2012
Nova Scotia
It's also not entirely false. Nichushkin signed a KHL deal that kept him from going to the AHL. It's not like a gun was held to his head when he signed that deal. He agreed to it.

I don't really blame him for that, who would want to leave home, play for less money, and be forced to travel around the country on a bus compared to playing at home in the KHL?

Leaving for the KHL for 2 years because he was unhappy with the coach is much worse in my opinion.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
I don't really blame him for that, who would want to leave home, play for less money, and be forced to travel around the country on a bus compared to playing at home in the KHL?
I don't blame him for it. I just want to make sure the record is clear.

I also don't think that mattered at all when it came to his development. The things lacking in his game weren't going to be fixed with AHL ice time.

Reactions: Henderson33

Hockey Dad

Jan 27, 2016
Texas
I don't blame him for it. I just want to make sure the record is clear.

I also don't think that mattered at all when it came to his development. The things lacking in his game weren't going to be fixed with AHL ice time.

The only difference would have been Stars could control the type of usage he would have gotten. But other than that not much would have changed.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Not qualifying Hartman is a little surprising, but Shapiro reports the plan is to still try and sign him. Guess that means they weren't interested in dealing with arbitration.

If all that happens is they dumped Pitlick's contract, that's still not a bad deal, but hopefully they can work out a contract. It's actually not that uncommon for teams to do this with arbitration eligible players. Washington did it recently with DSP. Many, many more examples as well.

Reactions: LatvianTwist

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Shows Pitlick had no value.

Not qualifying Hartman is a little surprising, but Shapiro reports the plan is to still try and sign him. Guess that means they weren't interested in dealing with arbitration.

If all that happens is they dumped Pitlick's contract, that's still not a bad deal, but hopefully they can work out a contract. It's actually not that uncommon for teams to do this with arbitration eligible players. Washington did it recently with DSP. Many, many more examples as well.
Considering how many teams have traded him in succession, it’s probably safe to assume the offers he gets will be less than what an arbitrator would award.

Johno

We deserve it
Oct 30, 2013

Well I suppose it will help them get the deal with a bit lower hit. Not that his $917k QO was very high to begin with, but I guess Nill figured that arb. would take it close to or above $2mil?

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Considering how many teams have traded him in succession, it’s probably safe to assume the offers he gets will be less than what an arbitrator would award.

Honestly was thinking the same. Arbitrators are pretty predictable and typically just split the difference from both offers leaning slightly to one side.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad