Dahlin vs Heiskanen

Artemis Clyde Frog

Feb 1, 2019
From what I saw 2nd part of last season Heiskanen was overhyped and Dahlin was underhyped. But they are both very good and could dominate the league for years to come.

Miro is a better skater and finisher. Dahlin is a better playmaker and bigger physical presence. Those are the most obvious things to me when I try to compare these two.

So far this season Dahlin has him beat in most stats except goals and icetime, just like last season. Dahlin has been very solid defensively so far this season and leads the entire NHL in defensemen points with Rielly, but has 1 game less played and has scored a goal. Matthews has had a great start and Dahlin has as many points with 1 game less played as a 19 y.o. defenseman. Hasn't been in on a goal against Buffalo so far. I know it's only been 3 games and that's probably why it's been so silent about his amazing start. But if he keeps performing close to this people won't be able to be silent much longer.

So atm I say Dahlin, but that might change since it most likely always will be close and we don't know how they will evolve and how the teams will do in general. Buffalo wasn't pretty to watch yesterday and Dahlin was underused imo.

Reactions: tgoat

howkie

Dec 13, 2014
Hard to compare, Stars have Klingberg, Buffalo has nothing besides Dahlin.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
The dumbest question in hockey. Dahlin is a generational talent, who is better at Heiskanen at everything, offensively and defensively. Last season, he had 11 more points, a better +- and much better defensive stats on a considerably worse team, all while being a full year younger. There is nothing Heiskanen does to warrant even being mentioned in the same sentence as Dahlin, it is like comparing a Toyota to a Lamborghini, like comparing Ryan Strome to Crosby, just absolutely ridiculous.

Last edited:

ElGuapo

^Plethora of piñatas
Nov 30, 2010
Nomad
dahlin is 19 and has been a human highlight reel before he was drafted, you have no idea what you're talking about plan and simple

If Buffalos Gm offered dallas GM Dahlin for heiskanen do you think he says no ?

What you said has nothing to do with what I said.

To answer your question, yes I think he'd say no. I also think if the Dallas GM offered Heiskanen for Dahlin that the Buffalo GM would say no.

Lambo

Jan 10, 2019
Both has the same level! But with my white-blue glasses i say Heiskanen of course. ;)

Elysian

Emo Stars Fan
Dec 4, 2011
Norton, OH
dahlin is 19 and has been a human highlight reel before he was drafted, you have no idea what you're talking about plan and simple

If Buffalos Gm offered dallas GM Dahlin for heiskanen do you think he says no ?
Nill wouldn't make that trade, but that's more on how Nill values HIS draft picks. We can't even get him to move Honka, who is sitting in Finland with no contract.

Elysian

Emo Stars Fan
Dec 4, 2011
Norton, OH
The dumbest question in hockey. Dahlin is a generational talent, who is better at Heiskanen at everything, offensively and defensively. Last season, he had 11 more points, a better +- and much better defensive stats on a considerably worse team. There is nothing Heiskanen does to warrant even being mentioned in the same sentence as Dahlin, it is like comparing a Toyota to a Lamborghini, like comparing Ryan Strome to Crosby, just absolutely ridiculous.
That's what I'd say about this take. Dahlin isn't so much better than Heiskanen that they shouldn't be compared. That's doing a great disservice to Heiskanen, who may wind up being one of the best defensemen Dallas has ever had...

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
Well at least you two guys can admit, and more impressive recognize your biases. That’s very, very rare on these forums.

Reactions: sjci and JFG

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Dahlin isn't so much better than Heiskanen that they shouldn't be compared. That's doing a great disservice to Heiskanen, who may wind up being one of the best defensemen Dallas has ever had...

One of the best defensemen Dallas has ever had? I doubt he will even reach Klingbergs level. That still isn't enough to be compared to Dahlin who could become one of the best defenseman the world has seen in many decades.

lauraP

Aug 4, 2019
Whatever hesk will always be stuck behind Klingberg when dahlin get 50+ points this year while playing great away from the puck i'll be sure to bump this ridiculous thread, btw where was hesk playing at 18 ? oh yeah not in the NHL

The Colonel

Jul 7, 2008
If Dahlin, poof, didnt exist then this is what people would be saying:

Heiskanen looks like the next generational defenseman.

But Dahlin does exist. Went 1st overall, and had an astounding amount of points for an 18 year old D.

They both have preternatural abilities. Dahlin has come with a bit more hype, and a bit more tangible success early.

In the end they are the new Crosby & Ovechkin, but D this time, one Finnish and one Swedish.

Let's enjoy the ride.

Elysian

Emo Stars Fan
Dec 4, 2011
Norton, OH
Whatever hesk will always be stuck behind Klingberg when dahlin get 50+ points this year while playing great away from the puck i'll be sure to bump this ridiculous thread, btw where was hesk playing at 18 ? oh yeah not in the NHL
Heiskanen's already better than Klingberg.

He didn't play in the NHL because of Nill, no other reason. He was NHL ready playing in Finland.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Watch more Stars games and you'll see :)

I watched your playoff run, cheered for you in the playoffs and watch large parts towards of last season because I am a Rangers fan that loves Zucarello and wanted a first rounder. Small market players are so overhyped because people don't watch them enough to sh*t on their mistakes. People see one good shift and assume that is how players always look. Klingberg and Lindell are a million miles ahead of Heiskanen, it became clear.

Reactions: lauraP

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
Wow, is this serious? Klingberg is on the same level defensively, probably slightly better and scores basically twice as much.
Klingberg is countless levels below Heiskanen defensively. If you knew what you were talking about on that particular comparison, you’d be ashamed that you’re representing your knowledge and understanding of the sport in that way.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
Same old story, more people watch eastern conference teams rather than western conference, thus Dahlin gets much more exposure. I bet no neutral fan just accidentally tunes in to a Dallas match, but lots do tune into Buffalo games.

Please, Buffalo is a small market, and the team has been horrible the past several years. The only people that watch the team besides Buffalo fans are fans of the team they're playing that night. If anything, Dahlin is underexposed and underhyped by national media. There were multiple clowns who didn't even have him in the top 5 for Calder voting last year. The kid who had arguably the best season by an 18-year-old defenseman since Orr.

Elysian

Emo Stars Fan
Dec 4, 2011
Norton, OH
Klingberg is countless levels below Heiskanen defensively. If you knew what you were talking about on that particular comparison, you’d be ashamed that you’re representing your knowledge and understanding of the sport in that way.
Yep. Klinger's turnovers can be absolutely game breaking.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad