• Dahlin,Eichel,Nylander

Votes: 84 59.2%
  • Liljegren,Matthews,Marner

Votes: 58 40.8%

• Total voters

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Posts like this are why you don't get taken seriously here...you've been constantly spouting this claim for years but you haven't really provided valid information to back it up.

It's time you flesh out your argument or GTFO

It is literally the equivalent of me calling Matthews a locker room cancer because of his supposed rift with Babcock. Both rumours are unfounded and were mostly media driven but you're only treating one like it's fact for some reason.

Unless you've been inside the locker room I don't know how you can speak so confidently about this.

Put up or shut up.
Chances are it was a rumor about Eichel threatening not to sign an extension if Byslma was not fired. However considering he got fired the very next day after that story was published it didn't make Eichel look any better?

The Podium

Feb 19, 2010
Toronto
Nylander is a huge weak link compared to Liljegren? Uh.....

Nylander, at 20, barely scored 0.5 P/GP in the AHL while his comparable in this case (Marner), scored at 0.84 P/GP in the NHL.

Liljegren had 10 fewer points, in 7 fewer games as a 19 year old defenseman. Obviously Dahlin is a much better prospect, but Liljegren is still a solid bet to be an NHLer while I dont think Nylander is at this point.

Skolman

Feb 16, 2018
*face palm*

Take a break from the main boards and don't come back until you've taken some comprehension classes...I've lost track of how many times you've failed to understand other people's basic points.
You're honestly defending IPS?

Reactions: newfy

Mr Tadakichi

Never Reads OP Before Posting
Nov 23, 2014
Yeah, Nylander is too much of a weak point I think. Toronto's group this time.

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
Chances are it was a rumor about Eichel threatening not to sign an extension if Byslma was not fired. However considering he got fired the very next day after that story was published it didn't make Eichel look any better?

The fact that he got fired the next day actually makes me even more sure Eichel had nothing to do with it.

At the end of the day it's an unsubstantiated rumour which Eichel vehemently denied. Matthews and Babcock had a rift which both denied. Eichel and Matthews have both been impatient and snappy with the media since they joined the NHL. We have no access to the locker rooms....yet one player is a cancer and one is not. Makes no sense.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
I’m sure a lot of Leaf fans are going to not think much of Dahlin due to the preseason game (a lot called rasmus sandin better and were semi serious) where he turned the puck over twice (to two potential hall of famers one day in marleau and Matthews no less) I would hope they realize it’s just one presson game and he was excellent in a 22 minute effort victory Over the pens the game before.

Either way he will show his worth.

Buffalo has the best two of three players here so them but it’s close since Timothy l should be better then Nylander by good amount.

Are you honestly surprised?

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
The fact that he got fired the next day actually makes me even more sure Eichel had nothing to do with it.

At the end of the day it's an unsubstantiated rumour which Eichel vehemently denied. Matthews and Babcock had a rift which both denied. Eichel and Matthews have both been impatient and snappy with the media since they joined the NHL. We have no access to the locker rooms....yet one player is a cancer and one is not. Makes no sense.
I disagree that Byslma getting fired the next day made it look better for Eichel, however in the end we will never know how those reporters come up with stories like that.

As for Matthews being snappy with the media that's happened one time last season when he didn't give them a complete answer, however all the other times they got to talk with him he was very professional.

pcruz

Mar 7, 2013
Vaughan
Please people.
Kessel was also a cancer in the room and people here thought he was one of the worst players in the league who would forever be a loser and would never amount to anything.

When he was traded for very little, these same people thought it was addition by subtraction and that the Leafs might be mediocre to decent.

They inherently believed a story run on a paper that said the guy went for a jog every morning and ended it by eating a hot dog from the same vendor. Even had “confirmation” from that vendor.

Turns out that the vendor was miles from his condo and the guy would have to run for like 20-30 minutes to get there.

Also turned out that Kessel would not fall from the face of the Earth and actually put up his best season in 2017/2018, a year he was expected to barely be an NHL player due to his abysmal fitness.

He also hasn’t been a cause for any controversy at all in Pitt. He was quite liked by teammates here and is just as well liked there. Also brought the cup to The Hospital for Sick Children the first time he won for his day with the cup.

Oh yeah, the forever loser won back to back cups and was no mere passenger. He should have had a Conn Smythe.

These are the people you’re arguing with and their grasp on reality.

I’d take their low opinion of Eichel and his supposed character flaws with as much credibility as those opinions of Kessel and his abilities and character.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Please people.
Kessel was also a cancer in the room and people here thought he was one of the worst players in the league who would forever be a loser and would never amount to anything.

When he was traded for very little, these same people thought it was addition by subtraction and that the Leafs might be mediocre to decent.

They inherently believed a story run on a paper that said the guy went for a jog every morning and ended it by eating a hot dog from the same vendor. Even had “confirmation” from that vendor.

Turns out that the vendor was miles from his condo and the guy would have to run for like 20-30 minutes to get there.

Also turned out that Kessel would not fall from the face of the Earth and actually put up his best season in 2017/2018, a year he was expected to barely be an NHL player due to his abysmal fitness.

He also hasn’t been a cause for any controversy at all in Pitt. He was quite liked by teammates here and is just as well liked there. Also brought the cup to The Hospital for Sick Children the first time he won for his day with the cup.

Oh yeah, the forever loser won back to back cups and was no mere passenger. He should have had a Conn Smythe.

These are the people you’re arguing with and their grasp on reality.

I’d take their low opinion of Eichel and his supposed character flaws with as much credibility as those opinions of Kessel and his abilities and character.
The one thing you forget is that it was fans of other teams saying all those negative things about Kessel and Leafs fans were always defending him. Once he was traded to Pittsburgh those same people who bashed him suddenly stopped doing that and tried to say it was Leafs fans who bashed him and that was a complete lie. The only thing Leafs fans said was he needed to be traded so the Leafs could get a culture change and not because of his attitude or character.

pcruz

Mar 7, 2013
Vaughan
The one thing you forget is that it was fans of other teams saying all those negative things about Kessel and Leafs fans were always defending him. Once he was traded to Pittsburgh those same people who bashed him suddenly stopped doing that and tried to say it was Leafs fans who bashed him and that was a complete lie. The only thing Leafs fans said was he needed to be traded so the Leafs could get a culture change and not because of his attitude or character.

I’m not sure if you’re serious or not.

If so, do you understand that this forum can be searched and that these threads, not just individual comments can be found and linked.

Haatley

haatley
Jun 9, 2011
Toronto
Matthews, Marner and Liljegren because so far Matthews has been better than Eichel and Marner has been better than Nylander, so I expect that to continue going forward. I know the Sabres fans say Dahlin has the higher ceiling and more potential than Liljegren, however at the start of Liljegren's draft year Bob McKenzie had him ranked as the #2 best prospect and there was obviously a reason for that. He just got un lucky getting mono and other issues during his draft year and why the Leafs got him at 17th overall in the 2017 Draft. So it's not impossible to say he could have a career just like the way Dahlin is projected to.
Yikes.

Mar 26, 2010
Matthews > Eichel
Marner >>>>> Nylander
Dahlin >>>>> Liljergen

loyaltotheend

May 5, 2016
St. John's
I’m sure a lot of Leaf fans are going to not think much of Dahlin due to the preseason game (a lot called rasmus sandin better and were semi serious) where he turned the puck over twice (to two potential hall of famers one day in marleau and Matthews no less) I would hope they realize it’s just one presson game and he was excellent in a 22 minute effort victory Over the pens the game before.

Either way he will show his worth.

Buffalo has the best two of three players here so them but it’s close since Timothy l should be better then Nylander by good amount.

So you think Leaf fans all judge your favourite new pick off of two plays, in one preseason game. Right on man.

Matthews has been better than Eichel so far, and Marner is way better that your Nylander.

Dahlin is obviously expected to be much better than Liljegren, no matter what BM had him rated at (Liljegren) pre-mono

Cotton

May 13, 2013
Liljegren never played nearly as bad as Dahlin just did, if I were like most HF posters I'd hot-take that as his career projections and call him a bust, he certainly played like one.

Matthew's >> Eichel
Marner >>> Nylander or Mittlestadt (who also doesn't look NHL ready).

Tim Vezina Thomas

Jun 4, 2009
Eichel lacks hockey IQ and is a narcissistic locker room cancer. Off-ice issues are why I wouldn't touch Eichel with a 10-foot pole, he's likely the reason ROR wanted to high-tail it out of there. Some players just can't stand those diva types like Eichel.

Its time for your nap.

Reactions: yzerman

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
I would take the Sabres trio.

Change Liljegren to Rielly, would make it closer imho.

Change it to Rielly and I think its pretty easily Toronto.

With this group I think I lean slightly towards Buffalo because I'm high on Dahlin. I think there are 3 elite, superstar type talents in this comparison. Matthews, Eichel and Dahlin. Marner isnt that level of player so the top 2 talent comparison goes to Buffalo. I'm not willing to bank on Liljegren or Nylander being high impact NHLers like the other 4, and the edge Liljegren has isnt close to enough to close the gap between Eichel/Dahlin (pick one) and Marner.

Thers obviously some risk to it because Dahlin hasnt shown he can do it at the NHL level, but I think his impact will be at the superstar level. Same as I think Eichel and Matthews will be close throughout their entire careers

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
Forwards are quite easily Toronto. Defence is quite easily Buffalo. So...toss up? 2>1? I dunno.

I think the gap between Dahlin and Liljegren is significant...but I also think the gap between Marner and A.Nylander is significant...Eichel/Matthews are kinda a wash.

So...I legit don't know.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad