Which trio for the future?

• Dahlin,Eichel,Nylander

Votes: 84 59.2%
  • Liljegren,Matthews,Marner

Votes: 58 40.8%

• Total voters

Tarmore

Nov 11, 2008
Today I gotta go with the Toronto group. It's not really close, how can you rate Dhlin or Lilly against NHLers. Or Nylander, who I'm hopeful will make the NHL, just not sure he will be better than a 2nd - 3rd line player.

Based on realistic projections I could make a good argument in three years it's buffalo's group, as that's how long I believe it will talk Dahlin to 'arrive' / develop.

dangomon

Nov 4, 2017
Kingston, ON
Cool stats. You forgot that the Leafs scored 72 more goals than the Sabres last year. When you're on a better team you score more goals. Eichel is the Sabres offense. The Leafs had how many 50 pt players?
When you score more goals your team is better.

ThatsSoSlavin

Aug 23, 2018
Nylander throws this off, he had 2 more points than lilly in like 20 more games in the A, Lilly was a year younger and (obviously) plays Defense

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Eichel lacks hockey IQ and is a narcissistic locker room cancer. Off-ice issues are why I wouldn't touch Eichel with a 10-foot pole, he's likely the reason ROR wanted to high-tail it out of there. Some players just can't stand those diva types like Eichel.

Wow, I couldn't see or read more pure unadulterated shit even if I was staring up a bull's ass.

Reactions: Tage2Tuch

Tage2Tuch

Because TheJackAttack is in Black
May 10, 2004
CAN
Eichel lacks hockey IQ and is a narcissistic locker room cancer. Off-ice issues are why I wouldn't touch Eichel with a 10-foot pole, he's likely the reason ROR wanted to high-tail it out of there. Some players just can't stand those diva types like Eichel.

Lol this sounds like some own warped version of reality you created for yourself to cheer against him.

Lacks hockey IQ, lmao.

One of the most dynamic, creative offensive players lacks hockey iq. Putting up 1 assist shy of 40 in just 67 games with a team who outside you scored just 173 goals! It was all the ice time that did it though. Oh and the PP time. Even though he only got 3g 17 a on the pp.

Diva, not sure where you came up with that but all star players have ego, that’s apart of how they get to the top. He is though, considerably more responsible and mature then he was when coming into the league. He even said he is the one that needs to be better when asked about his teammates at locker room clean out this year. Yeah after missing 20 percent of the year and still outscoring guys like ROR who played the whole year (who you said was better) my god, you’ve said werenski, Marner and ror are all better then Eichel.

I don’t know what it is but your hatred of the guy is on another level altogether that you’ve made up some kind of Eichel is Satan narrative, the sad thing is I think you actually believe it. You completely made the ror thing up there isn’t a single shred of evidence supporting that. It was actually Sabres management that wanted ROR out due to his negativity and ungreatfulness after having a billionaire owner in Pegula spoil you rotten.

Your such a big Matthews is the greatest guy and Eichel has even out-produced him since he (Auston) entered the league. But you wouldn’t touch him with a ten foot pole. You’ve even made up that he makes teams lose. He came to a team that was dead last in the league and improved then 8 spots the next year. Finished 22nd. Not as good as 16th like Matthews but he had Marner (who you said was better sonthat should help a huge deal) Nylander and a starting goalie something Eichel has NEVER had the luxury of having. Then the next season Eichel sprained his ankle the day before the 16-17 season and within one month and a half by mid January of 2017 buffalo went from dead last up five spots, then went from 30th in goals for to 21st in goals all by adding Eichel. Unfortunately though, the season was over for Buffalo by the time he even arrived so he couldn’t do much there, bur in those four months he played he managed to outscore nathan mackinnon who played the whole season that year . (And this is just Eichels second season) All this with an injury that’s known to linger for months. Last year he also missed a quarter of the year when buffalo fell apart, so a guy who lead them in scoring despite missing all that time was the least of their worries.

There, that takes care of all of that. Good day to you sir.

Last edited:

Tage2Tuch

May 10, 2004
CAN
Maybe because you're comparing Eichel in his second season to Marner's first, when he was a rookie in the NHL. It's pretty obvious a player in his second season is going to have better production than a guy in his rookie year. Hell, Marner hit 69 points in his second season, a total Eichel has never hit. So no, that's not an honest comparison. Eichel in his 2nd year already knew what to expect in the NHL, he like Marner also increased in ppg from his rookie year to his sophmore season.

Some of you guys are just so offbase. Like it’s a nice tactic trying to get the attention off Matthews but attempting to drag an elite talent like Eichel below a guy like Marner is a joke. Eichel is up against all the tough competition each night, teams zero in on him and he still produces. He was compared to MCDAVID at the draft. Not Marner. Marner wasn’t compared to guys like Dylan stroke (who even went ahead of him) then to either of those guys. And since then Eichel hasn’t dissapointed, putting up 121 pts in last 128 games something Marner and matthews didn’t do. ON a team that scored 72 more goals. Like come on now, add in the fact Eichel was on one good leg in both those seasons and its hilarious you guys think there’s even an argument to be made.

Reactions: Jimmy Firecracker

Peggy

Aug 6, 2016
Matthews, Marner and Liljegren because so far Matthews has been better than Eichel and Marner has been better than Nylander, so I expect that to continue going forward. I know the Sabres fans say Dahlin has the higher ceiling and more potential than Liljegren, however at the start of Liljegren's draft year Bob McKenzie had him ranked as the #2 best prospect and there was obviously a reason for that. He just got un lucky getting mono and other issues during his draft year and why the Leafs got him at 17th overall in the 2017 Draft. So it's not impossible to say he could have a career just like the way Dahlin is projected to.

Weird how you make thst kind of arguments for lili against a 1st over all pick

But if it was the other way around...

Reactions: Tage2Tuch

Tage2Tuch

May 10, 2004
CAN
Friday night. He was unimpressive.

He’s not going to go all World every night of his life especially adapting to the ice ...in every pre season game no less

Pens fans loved the way he looked when sabres beat them the game before this and he made a couple bad plays that lead to giveaways but that was against Matthews and marleau in the leafs game.

Not every player is judged based on how thy look against Toronto especially in the preseason (and your an 18 yr old Dman)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad