• Dahlin,Eichel,Nylander

Votes: 84 59.2%
  • Liljegren,Matthews,Marner

Votes: 58 40.8%

• Total voters

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
What?

Where did I say Eichel was better then Matthews.? That’s not even what I remotely implied here?

I mean He doesnhave every bit of potential to be as there numbers are similar even right now but that’s not the point and thats been beaten to death.

The point is, I said buffalo has 2 of the top 3 players. Marner isn’t far behind though, those four stand head and shoulders above the bottom two but Dahlin still has a lot to prove. He wasn’t good in the leafs preseason game but was in the pens one.
Unfortunately Marner is better than Eichel, so your logic doesn't work.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
Eichel is merely a bigger, stronger, faster, more skilled center version of Marner. Even as a Sabres fan, I can still see where he's coming from.
Eichel lacks hockey IQ and is a narcissistic locker room cancer. Off-ice issues are why I wouldn't touch Eichel with a 10-foot pole, he's likely the reason ROR wanted to high-tail it out of there. Some players just can't stand those diva types like Eichel.

BAM

Nov 21, 2016
Mitch Marner ppg in first 2 seasons: 159 games, 0.82ppg, playoffs, 1.0 ppg (13 games)
Jack Eichel ppg in first 2 seasons: . 142 games, 0.80ppg

Jack Eichel ppg in first 3 seasons (we don't know what Marner's 3rd season looks like yet): 0.84ppg

In comparison to Matthews who in his first 2 seasons: 144 games, 0.92 ppg. Now factor in Matthews does this in way less ice-time, and is way better at FO% and is younger than Eichel, ditto for Marner

Eichel and Marner are more in the same tier than Matthews and Eichel are

SHANNYPLAN

Nov 24, 2016
Young guns:

Matthews > Eichel
Marner >> Middlestadt
W.Nylander >> A.Nylander
Liljigren << Dahlin (assuming both pan out)

Rest:

Tavares, Kadri, Rielly, Gardiner, Andersen
>>>>>>>>
Ristolainen and the rest

EichHart

Jul 3, 2011
Hamburg, NY
Mitch Marner ppg in first 2 seasons: 159 games, 0.82ppg, playoffs, 1.0 ppg (13 games)
Jack Eichel ppg in first 2 seasons: . 142 games, 0.80ppg

Jack Eichel ppg in first 3 seasons (we don't know what Marner's 3rd season looks like yet): 0.84ppg

In comparison to Matthews who in his first 2 seasons: 144 games, 0.92 ppg. Now factor in Matthews does this in way less ice-time, and is way better at FO% and is younger than Eichel, ditto for Marner

Eichel and Marner are more in the same tier than Matthews and Eichel are

Cool stats. You forgot that the Leafs scored 72 more goals than the Sabres last year. When you're on a better team you score more goals. Eichel is the Sabres offense. The Leafs had how many 50 pt players?

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Cool stats. You forgot that the Leafs scored 72 more goals than the Sabres last year. When you're on a better team you score more goals. Eichel is the Sabres offense. The Leafs had how many 50 pt players?
So even though those numbers show Marner has better stats than Eichel they should not count because the Leafs are a better team.

BAM

Nov 21, 2016
Ever think the reason a last place team even got an offense is because of Matthews and Marner? They literally joined the 3rd lowest scoring team in the league. Unless you think Marleau and his 47 points last year were the reason. Guys like Bozak, JVR, Kadri all benefited from Matthews and Marner's arrival, there's a reason Kadri posted back to back 30 goal seasons for the first time in his career and Gardiner + Rielly hit 50 points for the first time in their careers and JVR had a career high in goals last year.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012

Also forgot that Eichel and Marner are from the same draft class (Marner had a different rookie season because he got sent back to juniors in his +1 season---we don't know what he would've done in the NHL if he'd gotten there the same time as Eichel because he didn't), so the honest comparison is Eich's 2nd year to Marner's 1st, Eich's 3rd to Marner's 2nd. Wonder why the other poster didn't do that....

Oh, I figured it out! Over the last 2 seasons:
Marner: 0.82 PPG
Eichel: 0.95 PPG

BAM

Nov 21, 2016
Also forgot that Eichel and Marner are from the same draft class (Marner had a different rookie season because he got sent back to juniors in his +1 season---we don't know what he would've done in the NHL if he'd gotten there the same time as Eichel because he didn't), so the honest comparison is Eich's 2nd year to Marner's 1st, Eich's 3rd to Marner's 2nd. Wonder why the other poster didn't do that....

Oh, I figured it out! Over the last 2 seasons:
Marner: 0.82 PPG
Eichel: 0.95 PPG
Maybe because you're comparing Eichel in his second season to Marner's first, when he was a rookie in the NHL. It's pretty obvious a player in his second season is going to have better production than a guy in his rookie year. Hell, Marner hit 69 points in his second season, a total Eichel has never hit. So no, that's not an honest comparison. Eichel in his 2nd year already knew what to expect in the NHL, he like Marner also increased in ppg from his rookie year to his sophmore season.

Reactions: LeafsNation75

CowbellConray

Sep 8, 2010
Gonna go by what I think they all end at:

Eichel: 80 point #1 center
Dahlin: 60 point #1 D
Nylander: 40 point 2nd line wing

Matthews: 85 point #1 center
Marner: 75 point first line winger
Liljegren: 40 point #3 D

It’s close. Also combined pro seasons have the Leafs up 4 seasons to 3 so it’s a tough comparison. You are taking 2 top line players in Marner and Matthews and comparing them to 1 top line player and a top pick.

I think it’s dependent on your team. If I’m an offense heavy team I take the Sabres. If I’m a proven contender who wants 2/3 of a top line I’m taking the Leafs

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
Eichel lacks hockey IQ and is a narcissistic locker room cancer. Off-ice issues are why I wouldn't touch Eichel with a 10-foot pole, he's likely the reason ROR wanted to high-tail it out of there. Some players just can't stand those diva types like Eichel.
kids table.

Reactions: Snippit

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012

Posts like this are why you don't get taken seriously here...you've been constantly spouting this claim for years but you haven't really provided valid information to back it up.

It's time you flesh out your argument or GTFO

It is literally the equivalent of me calling Matthews a locker room cancer because of his supposed rift with Babcock. Both rumours are unfounded and were mostly media driven but you're only treating one like it's fact for some reason.

Unless you've been inside the locker room I don't know how you can speak so confidently about this.

Put up or shut up.

Reactions: ManitobaKid

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
You said Buffalo has two of the best three players. So I assume you ranked Eichel and Dahlin ahead of Matthews?

*face palm*

Take a break from the main boards and don't come back until you've taken some comprehension classes...I've lost track of how many times you've failed to understand other people's basic points.

Reactions: Tage2Tuch

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad