• Dahlin,Eichel,Nylander

Votes: 84 59.2%
  • Liljegren,Matthews,Marner

Votes: 58 40.8%

• Total voters

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Matthews, Marner and Liljegren because so far Matthews has been better than Eichel and Marner has been better than Nylander, so I expect that to continue going forward. I know the Sabres fans say Dahlin has the higher ceiling and more potential than Liljegren, however at the start of Liljegren's draft year Bob McKenzie had him ranked as the #2 best prospect and there was obviously a reason for that. He just got un lucky getting mono and other issues during his draft year and why the Leafs got him at 17th overall in the 2017 Draft. So it's not impossible to say he could have a career just like the way Dahlin is projected to.

Reactions: Voight

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
Matthews > Eichel
Marner >>> Nylander
Dahlin > Liljegren

Leafs win.

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.
Surprisingly close, with the gap between Marner and Nylander being almost the same as the gap between Dahlin and Liljegren.

Add W. Nylander and Reinhart and it goes a bit sideways.

Tage2Tuch

Because TheJackAttack is in Black
May 10, 2004
CAN
I’m sure a lot of Leaf fans are going to not think much of Dahlin due to the preseason game (a lot called rasmus sandin better and were semi serious) where he turned the puck over twice (to two potential hall of famers one day in marleau and Matthews no less) I would hope they realize it’s just one presson game and he was excellent in a 22 minute effort victory Over the pens the game before.

Either way he will show his worth.

Buffalo has the best two of three players here so them but it’s close since Timothy l should be better then Nylander by good amount.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Matthews > Eichel
Marner >> Nylander
Liljegren < Dahlin

This doesn't seem particularly close.

pcruz

Mar 7, 2013
Vaughan
I’m sure a lot of Leaf fans are going to not think much of Dahlin due to the preseason game (a lot called rasmus sandin better and were semi serious) where he turned the puck over twice (to two potential hall of famers one day in marleau and Matthews no less) I would hope they realize it’s just one presson game and he was excellent in a 22 minute effort victory Over the pens the game before.

Either way he will show his worth.

Buffalo has the best two of three players here so them but it’s close since Timothy l should be better then Nylander by good amount.

Those people are maroons if they don't see Dahlin as a future star player.
Having said that, there has never been a point in their respective careers that Eichel has been a better player than Matthews.
Not to say that Jack is not an absolute superstar, he is, but he's not better.

Within the next 5 years both Matthews and Eichel will be in the conversation for top 5 players in the league along with McDavid. I'd argue Laine will be thereabouts also.

Reactions: nofehr

BAM

Nov 21, 2016
Matthew > Eichel
Marner > Nylander
Liljegren < Dahlin

Pretty comfortably the Leafs duo.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
I got Matthews and Eichel fairly even. Both are near PPG big franchise centres. Matthews gets a bit of an edge, some more team success and goal scoring to me gives him a bump.
So Matthews > Eichel.

Marner and Nylander aren't close. One guy's having issues making an NHL club, the other guy's a 60-70 point forward.

Marner >>> Nylander

Dahlin and Liljegren aren't close. Dahlin is going to be a monster in the NHL as early as this season, Liljegren is still years away from being an impact player (if he gets there).

Dahlin >> Liljegren

I think the Toronto trio is better. At this stage the wingers make up the big difference that's hard to overcome. Now, if Dahlin gets to where people think he's going to get, Eichel + Dahlin will likely win most debates on this forum.

Reactions: loyaltotheend

pcruz

Mar 7, 2013
Vaughan
I got Matthews and Eichel fairly even. Both are near PPG big franchise centres. Matthews gets a bit of an edge, some more team success and goal scoring to me gives him a bump.
So Matthews > Eichel.

Marner and Nylander aren't close. One guy's having issues making an NHL club, the other guy's a 60-70 point forward.

Marner >>> Nylander

Dahlin and Liljegren aren't close. Dahlin is going to be a monster in the NHL as early as this season, Liljegren is still years away from being an impact player (if he gets there).

Dahlin >> Liljegren

I think the Toronto trio is better. At this stage the wingers make up the big difference that's hard to overcome. Now, if Dahlin gets to where people think he's going to get, Eichel + Dahlin will likely win most debates on this forum.

This is unquestionably the right way to look at this debate.
This is also why Buffalo's future is so bright.

Reactions: nofehr

Tage2Tuch

Because TheJackAttack is in Black
May 10, 2004
CAN
I would disagree because there is no way Eichel is better than Matthews.

What?

Where did I say Eichel was better then Matthews.? That’s not even what I remotely implied here?

I mean He doesnhave every bit of potential to be as there numbers are similar even right now but that’s not the point and thats been beaten to death.

The point is, I said buffalo has 2 of the top 3 players. Marner isn’t far behind though, those four stand head and shoulders above the bottom two but Dahlin still has a lot to prove. He wasn’t good in the leafs preseason game but was in the pens one.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
What?

Where did I say Eichel was better then Matthews.? That’s not even what I remotely implied here?

I mean He doesnhave every bit of potential to be as there numbers are similar even right now but that’s not the point and thats been beaten to death.

The point is, I said buffalo has 2 of the top 3 players. Marner isn’t far behind though, those four stand head and shoulders above the bottom two but Dahlin still has a lot to prove. He wasn’t good in the leafs preseason game but was in the pens one.
You said Buffalo has two of the best three players. So I assume you ranked Eichel and Dahlin ahead of Matthews?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad