Confirmed with Link: Dadanov to Vegas for Holden and a pick

inthewings

Jul 26, 2005
No complaints here. Dadonov was useless this year, and and they flipped him for a 1.5M 6D and a decent pick.

Reactions: robsenz

SixthSens

RIP Fugu
Dec 5, 2007
Wish things had worked out differently for Dadanov here but shit happens.

I could see him having a lot of success in Vegas though and I hope he does.

Thank you for that epic game vs the Leafs Daddy!

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
Based off the Pierre's love of big humans I can't see either of those guys here long term. Would be shocked if we started the season with both.

Just looking at the draft its clear what they're trying to build. Brann and Mete are just too smol :(

I agree. DJ doesn't like small D. Won't be shocked if one or both are moved

Reactions: Emrasie

OgieO

May 17, 2006
Halifax
I don't think Daddy was a good fit for DJ. Hope he bounces back and loves it in Vegas, I am sure he is very happy today.

Good move by Pierre. I like that he got a draft pick thrown in!

trentmccleary

Mar 2, 2002
Alfie-Ville
Visit site
Great move, I doubt Holden plays much & maybe some idiot will take him at the TDL. Now who are they making cap space for?

Chabot - Zaitsev
Mete - Zub - Sanderson eventually takes Mete's spot.
Holden - JBD/J. Brown

- Brannstrom starts in Belleville.

Zero chance Brannstrom starts in the AHL or that JBD plays above him next season.
Also, Sanderson might play 5 games this year and might not be anything more than bottom pairing in them.

TeamRenzo

Jul 20, 2009
Solid move by Dorion. I liked Dadonov but he wasn't a good fit. Hopefully, the next move is a long-term contract for Brady.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Zero chance Brannstrom starts in the AHL or that JBD plays above him next season.
Also, Sanderson might play 5 games this year and might not be anything more than bottom pairing in them.
Not high on Sanderson, but high on Brannstrom huh? That seems odd. I'm not much of a Brann fan & think they need to replace him sooner or later, IMO that 2nd pairing LD spot is Sanderson's whenever he gets here. We'll see.

trentmccleary

Mar 2, 2002
Alfie-Ville
Visit site
Not high on Sanderson, but high on Brannstrom huh? That seems odd. I'm not much of a Brann fan & think they need to replace him sooner or later, IMO that 2nd pairing LD spot is Sanderson's whenever he gets here. We'll see.

No, I just don't automatically think that prospects are better than NHL'ers. There will probably come a time where Sanderson is better than Brannstrom, but that time isn't now.

Also, I do believe that Brannstrom could develop into one of the higher scoring defensemen in the league.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Lol guess I wasn't too far off when I said we'd get a MDZ type and call it a day.

I'll celebrate getting rid of Dadonov if we manage to replace him with a better RW. Otherwise we were better off with him around.

Reactions: ReginKarlssonLehner

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
A 3rd isnt that bad. No retention even? Were laughing. Thats the same thing Schmidt got.

Taken as a whole we got 1 year of decent play from Dadonov as a stop gap for 3.5M and watched him get outplayed by Batherson and Brown...so we turned him into a 3rd.

What can we really complain about?

Not acquiring a very good player as a UFA!

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
No, I just don't automatically think that prospects are better than NHL'ers. There will probably come a time where Sanderson is better than Brannstrom, but that time isn't now.

Also, I do believe that Brannstrom could develop into one of the higher scoring defensemen in the league.
How do you know the time isn't now for Sanderson they wanted him to leave school at the end of last yr. Brannstrom hasn't shown anything to show he will be one of the higher scoring defencemen in the league? That's a pipe dream IMO, but good luck with it.

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
We get rid of Daddy we get a big lug of a defenceman and we get a 3rd, then we extend Dorion for 2 more years.
I guess are day is done.

Reactions: Cosmix

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Wasn't a fit in here so I get it. Still wouldn't be shocked if he scored 25+ for them next season. Doubt he'd do that here though imo.

Dadonov was not a fit here because the Senators did not have a #1 playmaking Center to play with him. Perhaps he will play with one in Vegas; Eichel perhaps.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad