Confirmed with Link: Dadanov to Vegas for Holden and a pick

trentmccleary

Mar 2, 2002
Alfie-Ville
Visit site
Based on his development so far, I fully expect Sanderson to break into the NHL like McAvoy and Werenski.

Both of those guys jumped straight into top-4 roles.

He might play 5 games this season and who knows at what quality. He's a complete non-factor for 2021-22. The season after, he might be able to compete with an older and more experienced Brannstrom.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
This.

Josh Brown as a 7th defenseman? Good
Mete as a 7 defenseman? Good
Holden as a 6th defenseman? Good.

Our problem is that we need Joshn Brown to be a quality 5th defenseman who can play with Mete or Holden.
Mete is more than a 7th d man sorry but it’s true

IranCondraAffair

Mar 10, 2006
Mete is more than a 7th d man sorry but it’s true
I agree.

Brannstrom is better though and if we play him we are suck with two small left defenseman.

Mete does play rightie as well, so maybe we see a Holden - Mete pairing. I dont mind that either.

Well have to see how a Mete Holden pairing does defensively. Maybe it works and Smith allows it despite the size issues.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Ok now we get deal zotto wtf lol. See this could have been just Holden. Now it’s Holden + del zotto

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
I agree.

Brannstrom is better though and if we play him we are suck with two small left defenseman.

Mete does play rightie as well, so maybe we see a Holden - Mete pairing. I dont mind that either.

Well have to see how a Mete Holden pairing does defensively. Maybe it works and Smith allows it despite the size issues.
Dj does not plays guys on their offside. Now we’ve signed del zotto. We are tanking for Wright

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
Hate this. But if this means they free up money for the RFAs I will grudgingly accept it. But don't like it
Why? Dadonov was underwhelming all last season in Ottawa. And at soon to be 34 years old I can't see him improving at all.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
I don't know how Dorion conned us into accepting this but I'm very upset at him for it. Can mark this as a moment he was a decent GM.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Great move. I would've done the deal without the pick just to get out of the Dadonov deal. It's not only that he wasn't very good for us, he didn't
help the PP, and plays a style that doesn't fit well with the team.

Dadonov doesn't drive the play, we saw that first hand last season. He needs to play with guys who can drive the play. I hope he finds success in Vegas and I think it'll be a much better fit for him.

Great deal for us IMO. Love to see what they'll do with the extra money.

Emrasie

Mar 13, 2019
Crazy. I was in the camp that believed that Dadonov would have a bounce back season, but this is a pretty good deal.

Without a really good center with him it would have been waste time (and money) for us and Dadonov, good deal and he could have a decent year with Vegas (even if they don't have a top center neither). Curious to see if he have the year Tatar had with Montreal following his trade, it would be funny.

Reactions: DrEasy

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
Yea, I'm not buying it, he looked weak defensively & got overpowered numerous times. He's a transition piece to me until Sanderson gets here, you can throw out all the stats you want, but they didn't spend a 5th OA to not play him over a guy the coach doesn't want. We'll see, but I don't see Sanderson spending anytime in the AHL.

Brannstrom was one of the big reasons this team was competitive down the stretch. If he and Zub had played from the start we might have made the playoffs.

Reactions: Emrasie

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
Good trade, although I kinda feel Dadonov should have been given a chance to redeem himself. He's a better player than what he showed last year.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
We understand that your obsession with size colours every opinion that you have.
Did you watch the playoffs? I'm not the only one on here who things we need to move on from Brannstrom & think Sanderson is the much better player. I just think it's obvious.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
He might play 5 games this season and who knows at what quality. He's a complete non-factor for 2021-22. The season after, he might be able to compete with an older and more experienced Brannstrom.

Brannstrom was one of the big reasons this team was competitive down the stretch. If he and Zub had played from the start we might have made the playoffs.

And they just signed a more experienced Michael Del Zotto to play behind Chabot & more experienced Holden to play behind Del Zotto probably pushing Brannstrom & JBD down to the AHL. And if they qualify Mete who also has more NHL experience he will probably be their 7th D.

Chabot - Zaitsev
Del Zotto - Zub
Holden - J. Brown/Mete

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad