Confirmed with Link: Dach to Rockford for conditioning

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
What exactly does this mean? He's just practicing and working out with the team? As far as I know he cant actually play games for Rockford because of the CHL agreement.

Section88

Kaner? I hardly know her
Jul 11, 2017
Didnt know this was possible, even if its just for conditioning.

Giovi

Sponsor
Feb 1, 2009
Apparently it is possible to assign him to the A for conditioning, and have him play there.

cJF_HXKC_normal.jpg

Rockford IceHogs
@goicehogs
· 11m
The #Blackhawks
NHL_Team_Emojis_2019_2020_Blackhawks.png
have assigned 3rd overall pick Kirby Dach to the #IceHogs for conditioning purposes! He is expected to make his pro debut tonight in our home opener against Grand Rapids at 6 p.m. at the BMO!

Kurtosis

GHG
May 26, 2010
The Village Within the City
Apparently it is possible to assign him to the A for conditioning, and have him play there.

cJF_HXKC_normal.jpg

Rockford IceHogs
@goicehogs
· 11m
The #Blackhawks
have assigned 3rd overall pick Kirby Dach to the #IceHogs for conditioning purposes! He is expected to make his pro debut tonight in our home opener against Grand Rapids at 6 p.m. at the BMO!
What a f***ing loophole hahaha

Can this be indefinite?

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Be interesting to see if there really is a limit. Would not be terrible for him to get a good amount of games in the AHL this season. He's just too good for the WHL and yet it's a huge jump to the NHL; AHL is a nice in-between.

Reactions: RememberTheRoar

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012

cJF_HXKC_normal.jpg

Rockford IceHogs
@goicehogs
· 11m
The #Blackhawks

Wow.. ok this is a f***ing brilliant move then.

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
Dach can be assigned to the AHL for up to 14 days. For all practical purposes Dach is treated as if he were on the Chicago NHL active roster--he uses up a roster slot, is paid his full NHL salary, and counts fully against the cap. If the NHL thought the conditioning loan process was being abused they can deny the loan or punish Chicago.

Good news for Dach is he's now being paid his $832,500 NHL salary while on the conditioning loan. Previously he was only being paid his major juniors salary of $10,500 while on IR.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
So he gets an extra 14 days allowable to play AHL games for condition g but it does not count on his 9 game NHL trial?

So if he stays there all14 days that means through October 26th...Recall him on the 27th ...then have hom sit on the bench another week.. that should make his 1st NHL game go on about the first game Hawks play after November 4th...Hawks will then spread out his game schedule to 1 per week so that will be just 4 in November and 2 more the first 2 weeks of December ..then they will assign him to Team Canada in prep camp for the World Jrs.. He will then play 3 more games in January after he gets back from the WJHC and with a resting period of Bout a week before the first if these games.. this will string out the trial to the End ogJanuary where the Hawks will make a final decision on stay or go back to juniors.

By the end of January Hawks are either still ina playoff race or already out of it..If out then easy decision...he goesxback to junior to not burn a year.If in...he could stay if he has played well.

This entire plan to send him back to junior as late as the end of January will be accelerated if Hawks are out of the playoff race early...like if they lose all the remaining games in this home stand.. if that happens they have dig a hole too deep and season over..In that case he will only get in a couple of games at most.

bwana63

carter blanche
Jul 11, 2014
Chi western burbs

cJF_HXKC_normal.jpg

Rockford IceHogs
@goicehogs
· 11m
The #Blackhawks

lol, this is friggin' great!

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
I mean the kid didn't have a preseason camp, so this makes the most sense. I doubt he stays down there all 14 days, but a solid week would be very helpful for him to ease into pace and physicality of the pro game.

I mean... why not take advantage of it? Let him have his time, develop and then bring him up. Unless the Hawks feel he will be up the whole season and the 9 games is irrelevant...

Reactions: bwana63

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
I mean... why not take advantage of it? Let him have his time, develop and then bring him up. Unless the Hawks feel he will be up the whole season and the 9 games is irrelevant...
because if after a week he is ready to roll and we need him...why keep him down there?? I am not saying to rush him, need to see the schedule, but 2-3 games down there should give us a good enough idea if he should get a shot up here or go back to junior..

Reactions: BobbyJet

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
because if after a week he is ready to roll and we need him...why keep him down there?? I am not saying to rush him, need to see the schedule, but 2-3 games down there should give us a good enough idea if he should get a shot up here or go back to junior..

That's what I was saying in my prior post about the 9 games being irrelevant to them. That would be the only reason not to as they feel he is an NHLer.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad