Confirmed with Link: Dach to Rockford for conditioning

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Dach can be assigned to the AHL for up to 14 days. For all practical purposes Dach is treated as if he were on the Chicago NHL active roster--he uses up a roster slot, is paid his full NHL salary, and counts fully against the cap. If the NHL thought the conditioning loan process was being abused they can deny the loan or punish Chicago.

Good news for Dach is he's now being paid his $832,500 NHL salary while on the conditioning loan. Previously he was only being paid his major juniors salary of $10,500 while on IR.

Unless he played for London then his salary is double his NHL salary.

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
Did something happen to Kurashev?

not sure, seems strange that he is not in the lineup, perhaps he got injured? Nothing in the news about an injury to him

He did play for the Rock on Oct 4, I checked the boxscore and he got an apple on Dylan Sikuras goal in the 3rd vs Iowa

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs
I had no idea that this rule existed but it is rather stupid that a team is forced to send a player back to Junior even though it's obvious he can easily transition to pro hockey via the AHL.

400.jpeg

Giovi

Sponsor
Feb 1, 2009
I had no idea that this rule existed but it is rather stupid that a team is forced to send a player back to Junior even though it's obvious he can easily transition to pro hockey via the AHL.
And exactly how do you expect the NHL's premier development league to survive if they cant keep their best talent beyond their draft year?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad