Confirmed with Link: Dach to Rockford for conditioning

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
On a related note, by my calculations the Hawks have about $84,000 in free cap space right now. CF shows $679k, however that's not adjusting for the fact that the team has potential performance bonuses greater then the 7.5% bonus cushion.

Reactions: bwana63

bwana63

carter blanche
Jul 11, 2014
Chi western burbs
On a related note, by my calculations the Hawks have about $84,000 in free cap space right now. CF shows $679k, however that's not adjusting for the fact that the team has potential performance bonuses greater then the 7.5% bonus cushion.

Bow down to the cap guru. Thanks.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Definitely excited to see The Big Rig in Colliton’s system, even if it’s just a 9 game sample.

Geoist

May 1, 2015
I had no idea that this rule existed but it is rather stupid that a team is forced to send a player back to Junior even though it's obvious he can easily transition to pro hockey via the AHL.

Yeah, that stupid age rule needs to be changed.

Giovi

Sponsor
Feb 1, 2009
Yeah, that stupid age rule needs to be changed.
Again, that "stupid age rule" is in place to protect the NHL's premier feeder league from losing its best talent after its draft season. Anyone able to actually think this fact through would realize if the CHL cant use its biggest stars to sell tickets, it will cease to exist.

Geoist

May 1, 2015
Again, that "stupid age rule" is in place to protect the NHL's premier feeder league from losing its best talent after its draft season. Anyone able to actually think this fact through would realize if the CHL cant use its biggest stars to sell tickets, it will cease to exist.

If this were really a major concern then there would be a rule preventing 18 year olds from playing in the NHL. Dach's coach in Saskatoon doesn't even want him to return because he knows there are no more development opportunities for him there.

Last edited:

Giovi

Sponsor
Feb 1, 2009
If this were really a major concern then there would be a rule preventing 18 year olds from playing in the NHL. Dach's coach in Saskatoon doesn't even want him to return because he knows there is no more development opportunities for him there.
The rule is a compromise between the 2 leagues. It allows the CHL to sell most of its stars for that year, unless theyre actually good enough to play in the NHL. Its unusual for a CHL coach to say anything negative about a drafted player returning. I know the Hurricanes were happy as hell to get Cozens back this year.

Reactions: Geoist

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad