Prospect Info: D Ty Smith

beekay414

#FireEveryone
Jul 1, 2016
Milwaukee, WI
What if he's perfectly comfortable on the left side? Everyone is different, seems like a weird thing to decide when he hasn't played an NHL game.

He's played the right side almost every step of the way. IIRC he struggled on the left side with the Devils in camp. Sure, if he can play the left side, do it, but he's obviously very comfortable offhand.

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site
He's played the right side almost every step of the way. IIRC he struggled on the left side with the Devils in camp. Sure, if he can play the left side, do it, but he's obviously very comfortable offhand.

Seems like ages ago, but didn't pretty much all of our defensemen struggle in camp? I mean, if he plays better on the right side than the left I'd have no problem putting him there.

Reactions: My3Sons

beekay414

#FireEveryone
Jul 1, 2016
Milwaukee, WI
Seems like ages ago, but didn't pretty much all of our defensemen struggle in camp? I mean, if he plays better on the right side than the left I'd have no problem putting him there.
I'm just saying, the reason he didn't make the team was because he struggled on the left side. If he can play it, you obviously put him there. If not? Yeah, you have an offhand player who excels on that side.

RSeen

Oct 26, 2011
Toronto
I can see Smith getting a start on our top PP unit if he is ready next season. Would expect he starts with Subban or Severson as well.

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
I can see Smith getting a start on our top PP unit if he is ready next season. Would expect he starts with Subban or Severson as well.

i would love if he’s ready but if Smith is playing against every teams top line night in and night out he would become the best whipping boy.

Edit: meant to say next instead of best but best works too.

Last edited:

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
One of the great things about Smith is he’s said to be such a huge leader in the locker room. I‘m a little foggy on the specifics but I remember at the U18 they asked guys which other player they would like to be on the same team with in the NHL and Smith was the one with the most shout outs.
[URL='https://twitter.com/spokanechiefs/status/1233649184110067712?s=21'](edit: Just realized some else posted a link to this. Well here it is again via Twitter.)
[/URL]

Reactions: My3Sons

ChicksDigTheTrap

No quick fixes, no cutting corners and no cheating
Sep 16, 2018
Springsteen Country
i would love if he’s ready but if Smith is playing against every teams top line night in and night out he would become the best whipping boy.

Edit: meant to say next instead of best but best works too.
Playing as a top pair D is a lot to ask a player that will be 20 to start the season. The team should do what is best for Smith long term.

Reactions: Ripshot 43

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 4